2 replies to this topic

#1 heimarmene

heimarmene

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

I'm an aspiring author, and of late, my leading character's name just hasn't been sitting well with me.
1) She's of Eurasian descent, with a Germanic surname - the origin of which I'd like to keep. Johann is my #1 consideration for a last name at the moment, but really, anything you'd like to suggest would be greatly appreciated. I find that Germanic boys' first names work better than legit surnames. No Nicholas-esque suggestions, though, please, as there's already someone named Nicholas.
2) She's also a bit of an old soul, so for her first name, I think older names with girlish nickname possibilities would be best. She's got a fairly delicate image, so names like Lillian (Lilly), Rosalie (Rosie) and Charlotte (Lottie) are high on my list. (Speaking of which, do you like any of those?) She's also able to kick butt pretty efficiantly, so super-posh names like Arabella and Clementine just won't do for her. I'd prefer a longer first name, with at least five letters, if possible.
3) Her middle name can be girly as hell - Clare, Juliet, ect. It can also be a trendy or 'modern' name - London, for example. Keep in mind that it should be a usuable name - she may have to use it in order to escape the bad guys :)
Thanks so much for your time!
~Heimarmene.

#2 namingnovelist

namingnovelist

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

I love, love, LOVE Rosalie(my cousin's nickname is Alie, just a suggestion for more nn :) ) and for her middle name i would Probably pick Clare. Rosalie Clare Johann is adorable ;)

#3 AndysWife

AndysWife

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

Evelyn Mae

I'm an aspiring author, and of late, my leading character's name just hasn't been sitting well with me.
1) She's of Eurasian descent, with a Germanic surname - the origin of which I'd like to keep. Johann is my #1 consideration for a last name at the moment, but really, anything you'd like to suggest would be greatly appreciated. I find that Germanic boys' first names work better than legit surnames. No Nicholas-esque suggestions, though, please, as there's already someone named Nicholas.
2) She's also a bit of an old soul, so for her first name, I think older names with girlish nickname possibilities would be best. She's got a fairly delicate image, so names like Lillian (Lilly), Rosalie (Rosie) and Charlotte (Lottie) are high on my list. (Speaking of which, do you like any of those?) She's also able to kick butt pretty efficiantly, so super-posh names like Arabella and Clementine just won't do for her. I'd prefer a longer first name, with at least five letters, if possible.
3) Her middle name can be girly as hell - Clare, Juliet, ect. It can also be a trendy or 'modern' name - London, for example. Keep in mind that it should be a usuable name - she may have to use it in order to escape the bad guys :)
Thanks so much for your time!
~Heimarmene.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users