• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DancingVee

DancingVee

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

Hubby and I are expecting our fist in a couple of months - a girl :)  

After going through every name in the book we decided on Alessandra - not my type of name but somehow it just seems like it's her name.  Goes with our backgrounds, extended foreign family will be able to pronounce it, I think it's very pretty and you could get a lot of good nicknames, etc... Wow! I'm really trying to convince everyone (ahem- myself) that this is the right name!

Anyhoo, we're on to middle names.  I keep hearing how a one syllable would be best for such a long name BUT we both really love Cosima with it. I should mention our surname in quite short - 4 letters, 2 quick syllables. Begins with an R. 

So Alessandra Cosima R---.   Other mn I'm considering is Sage or Olive. As you can see I want to give her an unconventional, perhaps quirky mn since the first name is so serious (imo).  Hubby isn't crazy about Sage or Olive but I'm just not sure if Cosima is too much.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

#2 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

Honey you should go with a name that fits her AND that you like. One day she's going to ask her why you chose the name that you chose and if she knew that you didn't even really like it.... well, that's sad. You're going to be calling her by this name for the next 60+ years, make sure it fits both criteria!
You seem like you lean towards more quirky natural names, and hubby is somewhat more traditional. If hubby gets to pick the first name, which you don't even like, you should at least have full say on the middle. Is there any way of meeting half way with the first name?
Last bit of advice, always go with what you and hubby like, 99% of the time the rest of your family is not going to be on the same page. Don't get lost trying to please everyone else.
Here are some ideas (Sage, Olive, and Cosima are all beautiful btw)

Olivia nickname Olive
Autumn
Dahlia
Eden
Hazel
Laurel
Summer
April, May, June
Ivy
Acacia
Amarantha
Violet
Willow
Rosemary
Rosalind
Azelea
Bryony
Camellia
Calla
Cassia
Fern
Flora
Fae
Lavender
Petunia
Jasmine
Xanthe

#3 Mikaela Lewis

Mikaela Lewis

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

Alessandra is gorgeous! Alessandra Cosima flows well, however I love Alessandra Sage!

Alessandra Maple sounds nice too :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users