• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jessipentecost

jessipentecost

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:School, Working, Reading, Listening to Music, Spending Time With Family and Friends, Being on staff for Vector Youth Ministry

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:46 AM

I absolutely adore the name Rae. I always have, but I prefer names that honor someone. Now I have a reason to actually consider using it since my bonus mom's middle name is Rae. There is a problem however. I can't decide on a combo that I absolutely adore. Right now it's Rae Harlow Isobel. Another problem arises when thinking that the prospective last name is Hall and Rae Hall seems a bit short.

So I guess my questions are:
What middle name(s) would you suggest?
Is Rae too short to stand alone as a first name?

#2 Sami Marie

Sami Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Names
    Movies
    Music
    Family

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:43 PM

Rae is a difficult one. I love it but Im not fully sure if I'd use it as a first name or a middle name. And yes Rae Hall is very short so I'd feel like doing a double first name would be better. You could call her Rae. I even like the idea of giving her a fuller name and then giving her the nickname of Rae. I like to use the Genie for middle names and such...that might help.
Are you looking for more classic middle names for it?

#3 jessipentecost

jessipentecost

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:School, Working, Reading, Listening to Music, Spending Time With Family and Friends, Being on staff for Vector Youth Ministry

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

Rae is a difficult one. I love it but Im not fully sure if I'd use it as a first name or a middle name. And yes Rae Hall is very short so I'd feel like doing a double first name would be better. You could call her Rae. I even like the idea of giving her a fuller name and then giving her the nickname of Rae. I like to use the Genie for middle names and such...that might help.
Are you looking for more classic middle names for it?

Yes. I like names like the ones that are in my siggy. Also, I was thinking Raelyn but idk.

#4 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

Rae is not one of my favorite names, but I understand the problem: I have the same dilemma with Mae.

Honestly, I like it on its own. One of the reasons is that I kind of like to go off the mainstream.
And since names like Rae and Mae are usually shoved in the middle, I find it so refreshing to use them as first names. Call me a rebel :wub:

One name that I think you might like, which could pull off Rae as a nickname is Raven. It's not made up or spelled awkwardly, which often happens when you try to come up with a name that incorporates another one. But it still might be your style. Otherwise, just go with Rae itself. I don't even think it sounds bad with the last name Hall!

Suggestions:
Rae Calista Hall
Rae Julianne Hall
Rae Johannah Hall
Rae Violet Hall
Rae Viola Hall
Rae Daphne Hall
Rae Antonia Hall
Rae Phoebe Hall
Rae Josephine Hall
Rae Sabina Hall
Rae Lucretia Hall
Rae Cassia Hall
Rae Evangeline Hall

these are just random combos from the top of my head. Let me know what you think! :)

#5 jessipentecost

jessipentecost

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:48 AM

Honestly, I like it on its own. One of the reasons is that I kind of like to go off the mainstream.
And since names like Rae and Mae are usually shoved in the middle, I find it so refreshing to use them as first names. Call me a rebel :)

Rae Johannah Hall

Thank you for the encouragement! And I absolutely adore Johannah especially since it's close to Jonah. Thank you so much!

#6 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

Rae Anastasia
Rae Lilian
Rae Evangeline
Rae Kathryn
Rae Eliza