22 replies to this topic

#1 Katherine007

Katherine007

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:24 PM

Would you ever change your name, and to what? My friend just changed his name from Chris (Christoper) to Adam. Reason being there are a lot of Chris' in his immediate circle of friends, and he doesn't think that he looks like Chris.

I've always felt that my name was kind of generic, but I love my name. My parents told me they were thinking of naming me Lauren, Abigail, or Ashley. I think I would have rather been named Katherine Abigail.

#2 MissMomma

MissMomma

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Being a mommy (:

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

Well to be truthful I dispise my name. If I could change it I'd probably become Callie. I could totally see myself being named Callie and like that so much more than Hannah.

#3 JordanElizabeth

JordanElizabeth

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:17 PM

i don't think i would ever change my name, i love it! i've only met one other female Jordan and a few male Jordans, but i like that i was always the only Jordan in school, rather than a bunch of Sarah's and Amanda's ;)

#4 sahd721

sahd721

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:My baby boy, Brody.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

When I was little - and first saw Full House and saw that there was another Stephanie in the world, I was SO ready to change my name. And, all through highschool I would've changed my name due to the overwhelming amount of Stephanie's in my classes.

But - now I love my name and wouldn't change it.

#5 JamieSue

JamieSue

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:I like... taking the kids to the zoo, talking on the phone, surfing the web, dragonflies, tattoos, drives to nowhere, baking, reading a good book, chocolate, listening to music, laughing, icecream, the color pink, piercings, the beach, shopping for anything, roses, Marilyn Monroe, taking care of people, candy, hot pink gerber daisies, DVR, watching my children play, popcorn, the smell of rain, thunderstorms, lighting, watching movies with my friends, texting, jamming out in my car, waterfalls, concerts, walking on the beach, dancing, flip-flops, taking pictures, just-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies, sunsets, stopping to smell the flowers, daydreaming, and... I love love!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:55 AM

I hate my first name. Jamie is just such a boring name. I always want a name that I could have a nn with. But I do love that my mn is Sue, bc it does have a beautiful ring to it when my DB says, "I love you, Jamie Sue" It's funny bc until him only my gramma & brother used both of my names together.

But if I could go back and change my parents mind I probably would... Thou idk what to???

#6 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:38 PM

I've always hated my name. It was rare I ever had a class without there being two other Ashleys. My mom told him she almost named me Brooke, Taylor or Jasmine. I would have loved anyone of those!

I did for a while go be Anna. Even though it is still a common name, I didn't hear the name as much as Ashley. If I was going to change my name...I guess it would be something like Eden or Alexandra or Hope. I really like those names. That is the good thing about being a writer...pen name! LOL. I always thought to use the name Jillian. It was an old character of mine from when I first started writing. I always wanted to use her and Thomas.

#7 LC's_mommy_Kayra

LC's_mommy_Kayra

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

I've posted a topic about changing my name actually....I'm still seriously thinking about it for when I'm older, though i'm not sure what I would change it to right now....

#8 Guest_Zayda_*

Guest_Zayda_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

I used to hate my name. I love it now, there's no other Zayda's at my work!

#9 sarahbeara21

sarahbeara21

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Dance<br />Fiddle<br />Gymnastics<br />Step-Dance<br />Reading<br />Movies<br />Being with my friends :)

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

I find my name very common theres at least one other Sarah in all my classes! I would but I don't know what to tho

#10 BellaBoo

BellaBoo

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:The Boston Bruins. Harry Potter. My best friends. Country Music. London. Baby Names :)

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:14 PM

I've never liked my name, for as long as I can remember, and always wanted to change it. I've always had people asking me what it's short for or pointing out that it's a "boys name".

I guess I'm learning to like it, though. At least it's different, plus I actually get a lot of compliments on it.

I have no idea what I would change my name to if I was going to.

-Dani

#11 TessaRose

TessaRose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

I like my name actually, just because everyone says that they can't imagine me as anything else, and I like the fact that its not too popular but not too unusual either (even though I love unusual names and my poor child is probably going to get one haha). Mind you, I am always saying to my mum that she should have called me Tahlia- that was her favourite but my dad hated it! At least I didn't end up being called Gidget, which was another option...

#12 Auntie Megan

Auntie Megan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

ooh dear Tessa,, Gidget!! ;)
-
I don't like my name and I'd love to change it. The main thing stopping me though is that people wouldn't get used to it. I've changed my surname (although not legally yet) and everyone's used to my old one and finds it hard to remember that it's changed.

#13 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:04 PM

i love my name. i wouldnt change it..i was almost named Savannah or Darla but my dad only liked the name Tara:)

#14 Kelsea_Marie

Kelsea_Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Guitar (learning)<br />Drawing<br /> ~anime (it's alot of fun and people say I am good)<br />Writing<br /> ~short stories (I am in my schools writing competion)<br /> ~poems (I am only proud of a few)<br /> ~songs (eh..)<br />Photography<br /> ~modeling (people say I am really good)<br /> ~wildlife (I love taking wildlife pics!)<br />Animals<br /> ~Wildlife Biologist (job I want to do)<br /> ~Wildlife Rehabilator (volenteer work that sounds fun)

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

I am not sure. My name is Kelsea Marie nn Kelli. My mom wanted to name me Dasa and my dad wanted to name me Olivia. I am not sure why my name isn't Dasa Olivia or Olivia Dasa and I am not sure where Kelsea came out of Dasa and Olivia. I would love Dasa because it is so uncommon but I decided to name my second daughter that. The only thing I like about my name is non one can EVER spell it right, my first and last, it is really funny.

-Kelli Marie <3

#15 TessaRose

TessaRose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

ooh dear Tessa,, Gidget!! ;)
-
I don't like my name and I'd love to change it. The main thing stopping me though is that people wouldn't get used to it. I've changed my surname (although not legally yet) and everyone's used to my old one and finds it hard to remember that it's changed.

Haha yeah Megan the reason they wanted to call me that is because of the surfer girl Gidget, off the movie of the same name, don't know if you've heard of it but I come from a surfing family so they didn't just pull it out of nowhere haha but i'm definitely glad they chose Tessa!

#16 Kristi18

Kristi18

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Name Games Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts
  • Interests:Spending life with my husband.
    Cuddling with my kids.
    Hanging with my family.
    Enjoying God's creation.
    Laughing with friends.

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:17 PM

I've been on here a few weeks, playing the name games. Just now getting beyond that and trying the just jump in there philosophy!

I would not change my name, even though it is really popular. I was never made fun of because of my name. The spelling set me apart from all the rest. I've gotten used to spelling my name when necessary and it really doesn't bother me. My dad loved this spelling, so that makes it special. My mn was a play of my dad's name, as well as my initials.

Kristi Dawn

#17 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:01 AM

I hate my name, it's 80's dated, has no good nicknames and sounds silly and unsubstantial. That being said I wouldn't change my name at this point in my life. I really can't imagine getting used to a new name. If I could have named myself as a baby I would probably go with Alexandra, it is strong, yet feminine, has nn potential and isn't dated to a certain decade.

#18 Sami Marie

Sami Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Names
    Movies
    Music
    Family

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:42 AM

I wanted to change my name in high school...there are several Samantha's in my graduating class alone. And I never really liked it. I could never make up my mind on a name that would suit me perfectly.
Now I'm curious what you guys would name me?

#19 -SassyCassie-

-SassyCassie-

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:29 PM

i don't think I'd ever change my name i think its cute in its own way (Cassandra to me is a good name)
plus it means i believe : (found out what it means)

The girl's name Cassandra: It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "man's defender, warrior". Perhaps a version of Alexander. Literary: in Homer's "Iliad", Cassandra was a Trojan princess blessed with the gift of prophecy. She foretold the fall of Troy but was unheeded. The name was occasionally used from the Middle Ages until the 18th century.

who'd knew it meant that ? ;) LOL

get this i find another meaning for my name also means : she who entangles men (I'm sorry but i literally cracked up by this meaning of my name ) LOL

#20 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:06 AM

i don't think I'd ever change my name i think its cute in its own way (Cassandra to me is a good name)
plus it means i believe : (found out what it means)

The girl's name Cassandra: It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "man's defender, warrior". Perhaps a version of Alexander. Literary: in Homer's "Iliad", Cassandra was a Trojan princess blessed with the gift of prophecy. She foretold the fall of Troy but was unheeded. The name was occasionally used from the Middle Ages until the 18th century.

who'd knew it meant that ? :D LOL

get this i find another meaning for my name also means : she who entangles men (I'm sorry but i literally cracked up by this meaning of my name ) LOL

HAHAHA! We are doing Greek Drama in AP English and whenever I hear Cassandra I always think of you :)

Anyways, back to the topic ;)

I don't think I would change my name even though I don't really like Alyssa. I don't like it, don't hate. It's kind of a happy medium. I just feel like an Alyssa, I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users