4 replies to this topic

#1 gypsybandit

gypsybandit

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:41 PM

I've had these names on my mind all day. What are your thoughts on them? Likes, dislikes, etc? Is Skylar getting to popular? I love nature sounding names.

#2 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

I really LOVE the name Larkin Grace. I went to school with a girl named Larkin and hav absolutely fallen in love with the name. It is a top name for me. Skylar is nice also but a little over used. I would go with Larkin Grace!

#3 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't like Larkin at all. I've seen Skylar on the polls a lot lately, so one might say it's on the rise. Unfortunately I'm not too keen on Skylar either, but I will say that it's far better than Larkin. Brooke is a nice name, so why not use that as the first name? It's a very nature sounding name and I think it will be far less popular than Skylar.

#4 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:58 AM

I really like Skylar, but I prefer it with Grace rather than Brooke. In my opinion, the flow is much nicer that way, despite the popularity of Grace.

#5 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:12 AM

i don't really like either but if i had to pick one i would choose skylar. brooke is a great name but i don't like it as a middle name, and i'm honestly sick of grace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users