• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BellaBoo

BellaBoo

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:The Boston Bruins. Harry Potter. My best friends. Country Music. London. Baby Names :)

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

Do any of you ever feel like you just don't like any names at all?

My entire life (or since I was 8) I have loved the boys name Tucker. For over 10 years, that was the name I wanted for my son. Never had any doubt. Now, because of someone I know with that name, I'm not loving it. Ever since I started not loving it, I haven't liked ANY boys names.

For girls names, I always wanted Lily, just like I always wanted Tucker. Now that it's so popular, I'm starting to not love it. And, like boys names, I just can't come up with any girls names that I like.

Any one else ever feel like this??

Going from having so many names that I love to not having any that I even like is not the greatest feeling ever. It's a little unsettling, actually.

-Dani

#2 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

I know what you mean, definitely!
I don't know how to 'cure' the feeling though.
:))

#3 Anna.

Anna.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

I've felt that way before. I'll love a name and then meet some one with the name that I dislike or get really negative comments about it and then it's so hard to find something that can fill it's spot afterwords.

My cousin who had a baby about a year before I had Caleb almost named her son Caleb and I knew if she had I would have been heartbroken because I've always adored the name and would eventually use it. Nothing can ever match up to it for me...

Right now I honestly can't find any boys names that I love...I just can't imagine using any of them.

#4 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:55 PM

I know what you mean. I went through a phase where I liked quite unique and trendy names, and I was positive I would someday use those names. For example, I loved Saffron, Skye, and Amber for girls, and I loved Aidan, Caden, and Tristan for boys.

to be perfectly honest, I don't really like any of those names now. The girls names, I realized, are a bit odd and better for book characters, not kids, and the boy names are much too trendy. In fact, I can't stand Aidan and Caden anymore.

I went through a phase where I realized I really didn't know what kind of names I liked and it was frustrating because I realized there was really nothing out there I would consider using. But this site has helped me really find my taste in names. I know know that I love underused (sometimes slightly unique) girls names, such as Alissa, Keira, Monica, Lydia, and Mariah. and for boys, I'm really liking classic or biblical names, such as Michael, Thomas, Simon, Jacob, and Joshua.

Just give it some time and look around. Your naming styles and names will come to you the more you take a look at names you like (and don't like) and before you know, you'll have a long list of name you love

#5 Anna.

Anna.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

I understand what you mean about being rather drawn to "trendy" names. When I had Lilah I was also in love with the name McKailyn. It has everything trendy about it...McK- beginning, a Kay/Ay sound in the middle, and -lyn at the end. I cringe at the name now! I'm so glad I went with Lilah!

#6 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:56 PM

I have had my fair share of 'name slumps'. I find that taking a break from names usually helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users