4 replies to this topic

#1 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

Character #1: Female, adult (early 40's), mother of two. Wears press on finger nails in bright colors, bleach blond hair, smokes menthol cigarettes. Ex beauty queen now looks tired and worn out. Dates random men (construction workers, mechanic etc). Possible name: Lorraine

Also looking for names of men for Character#1 to date. These men would be in their early 40's to mid 50's, working class eg. mechanic, factory worker etc. Possible names: Roy, Chuck and Dave.

Character #2: Female, adult (mid thirties). Overweight, unsure of hair color possibly auburn. Collects dog figurines. Single with no children. Wants to have children but has never had a relationship. Enjoys gardening. Has a small dog that she treats like a child (dresses it up etc). Possible name: Gwendolyn "Gwen"/Gretchen (not really attached to either name does not have to start with G)

Character#3: Dog, female. Small dog possibly a Yorkie or a Shih Tzu. Belongs to character#2. Is treated like a child. Wears dog dresses. Possible name: Muffin

#2 lulu86

lulu86

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:CRAFTS

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:51 AM

Character #1: Female, adult (early 40's), mother of two. Wears press on finger nails in bright colors, bleach blond hair, smokes menthol cigarettes. Ex beauty queen now looks tired and worn out. Dates random men (construction workers, mechanic etc). Possible name: Lorraine

Also looking for names of men for Character#1 to date. These men would be in their early 40's to mid 50's, working class eg. mechanic, factory worker etc. Possible names: Roy, Chuck and Dave.

Character #2: Female, adult (mid thirties). Overweight, unsure of hair color possibly auburn. Collects dog figurines. Single with no children. Wants to have children but has never had a relationship. Enjoys gardening. Has a small dog that she treats like a child (dresses it up etc). Possible name: Gwendolyn "Gwen"/Gretchen (not really attached to either name does not have to start with G)

Character#3: Dog, female. Small dog possibly a Yorkie or a Shih Tzu. Belongs to character#2. Is treated like a child. Wears dog dresses. Possible name: Muffin

#1I think Lorraine sounds good for number one. like she used to be popular n hott now shes kinda ummm like beth from dog the bounty hunter? lol
Guys names sound good too. leroy, bubba, and travis sound like roughnecks to me
#2 when i read her description i thought of the name shirley idk why just came to me
#3 muffin sounds good since the owner is fat its funny to have a cutsie food name. you could do a japanese chinn (dunno how its spelled) too they're 'toy' dogs but theyre kinda akward and it would be funny! hope that helps!

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:00 AM

I like Lorraine, or Kim, Jackie, Darcy

I like the ones you have also, or Tom, Cal, Ben, Aaron, Jude

Christy, Mallory, Em, Dehlia, Tam?

Aww, muffin! Cupcake, Sugar, Hanna-Banana, Pumpkin, Love?

~Haddy

#4 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

#1I think Lorraine sounds good for number one. like she used to be popular n hott now shes kinda ummm like beth from dog the bounty hunter? lol
Guys names sound good too. leroy, bubba, and travis sound like roughnecks to me
#2 when i read her description i thought of the name shirley idk why just came to me
#3 muffin sounds good since the owner is fat its funny to have a cutsie food name. you could do a japanese chinn (dunno how its spelled) too they're 'toy' dogs but theyre kinda akward and it would be funny! hope that helps!

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I will stick with Lorraine, it has been her name since the beginning just wanted to see if other people thought the name fit. I suppose she is kind of like Beth from the Dog the Bounty Hunter just thinner, prettier and not a Bounty Hunter :D Thanks for the "roughneck" names they were exactly the kind I was looking for though I haven't finalized any of these secondary characters yet. Shirley does work! Unfortunately it also happens to be my grandmothers name and I don't want to name this character after her. Maybe something similar like Dolores, Dorothy, Beverly? I think Muffin might be a keeper too! I will look into the Japanese dog you suggested. An awkward looking dog would fit the story quite well.

I like Lorraine, or Kim, Jackie, Darcy

I like the ones you have also, or Tom, Cal, Ben, Aaron, Jude

Christy, Mallory, Em, Dehlia, Tam?

Aww, muffin! Cupcake, Sugar, Hanna-Banana, Pumpkin, Love?

~Haddy

Thanks Haddy! I thought Kim too! She will probably end up with Lorraine but I still need names for secondary characters and I think Kim and Jackie sound like people she might be friends with. Character 2 is really giving me a hard time. She feels like she needs an older name as she is kind of an old soul but nothing is really clicking at the moment. Thanks for your suggestions. It is helpful to see what other people think fit her character. I really like Pumpkin and Cupcake for the dog. I think I will have to finalize the dog breed before making a definite decision. Thanks again!

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

Character #2 reminds me of my old boss...Cecilia or Celia would work too. I think also goes well with Lorraine :)
I like Muffin nn Muffy for the dog or maybe Tina nn Teeny cause she is Tiny :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users