• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

So I was at one of my jobs, and they sent out an update letting us know who'd made their monthly goals for January, and a shout out to the employee's who did (yup, I made January! Woo hoo!!). But anyway, we sure do have some INTERESTING names within our company!! Some of these are a just different, some seem very usable, and a couple others I just found pretty (and some parents were ahead of the naming styles ;) )

Althea
Evelyn (which I only find funny because of Crabtree and EVELYN hehe!)
Raven
Jennimond
Starla
Adris
Larena
Jinah
Ivy
Hayden
Ladora
Evalena
Mikell
Blanca
Magdalena
Meizi
Isabel
Sulma
Madonna
Jacinda
Shaniece
Betzabeth
Johnisha
Rim
Vivian
Kaydee
Chiayu
Nagel
Wilhema
Danya
Elena (a few of them!)
Campos / Jerusalem (I couldn't tell which was the first name :l they did have a first name | last name section, but they mixed up a few...or at least I think they did, otherwise Emma Weimers would have really been named Weimers and her surname Emma.. lol)
Dion
Cromwell
Natarsha (not sure if it was a spelling error on Natasha?)
Annyque
Allysse
Ciliani
Yesenia
Devra
Kamee
Aliene
Conohita
Greter
Elka
Rosy
Mak
Catriona
Rusli
Preety
Fintawanti
Rainbow Sung
Marie-Eve
Eden
Saidaf
Manon
Marguerite
Mary-Evelyn
Isabella

There were a couple random surnames I found in the list I liked too... Elbawab is pretty cool. Figured I'd put it out there.

So yeah.. I love how Isabel / Isabella made it in here, must have been nice to snag those names before they were super popular! ;) I think we have a large range of ethnicities in our company, so some names (like Preety) make sense. My manager was telling me Preety is a traditional Indian name. And I'm assuming Rainbow Sung is Asian :) Its more common for their culture to use names as such?

Yupp... :)

#2 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

I LOVE these:

Althea

Ivy

Isabel

Isabella

Vivian

Elena

Marie-Eve

Mary-Evelyn

Evelyn

Marguerite

I can see these growing on me:

Adris

Magdalena

Rosy

Catriona

Eden

Rainbow Sung sounds more Native American to me...

But Preety and a few others are common Indian names. I know a couple.

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Mm, so many nice names in the company! I'm liking Althea, and Adris is a neat one <3

And true, Rainbow Sung does sound more native american <3 I think of Sung as the surname of many Asian people around me, but idk.. :) There are a LOT of Indian people who live in the town the mall I work at is in, though I never meet most of them. Theres one regular to Crabtree who introduced herself, but her name is Susan so it doesn't give me a good feel to Indian names ;) At Janie and Jack I met a devil child named Aarish, so I know that one! So sad, could be a cute name.. but because of the experience I picture a child running around screaming like crazy and hitting people and making a mess and ripping our books and purposely disobeying everything his parents requested... ah, did I mention he was at least 5 or 6? <_< Hehe, theres my rant. Its a nice name, anyway.

One perk to working retail is the great names you discover! ^_^

#4 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

I know we have a few Indian kids in my school but I only know two personally. Adeed, Artur, Punjab, and the only girl, Payal.
But there are some cool names on that list and some are way ahead of the curve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users