need help with boy name

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_R Walker_*

Guest_R Walker_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

Okay, my hubby and I already have a girl. I am 7 months pregnant with our second child which is a boy and we are having trouble with name picking. Our last name is Walker. He wants our son to have an Arabic (Muslim) name that has a strong meaning. His top choice is Ameen. I, on the other hand, am not so interested in a name with that background or origin. My main objective is to find a name that is essentially non ethnic. I don't want it to be super plain like "John" (no offense) but I also don't want it to sound like a name geared toward a particular race. One of the names I like the most is Isaiah. But some people have told me that sounds "Black".

If we cannot decide on anything, I really would just settle for a junior (Hassain) but I know my husband would need a little convincing because he thinks that our son might have a hard time growing up with people mispronouncing his name or making racist jokes.

I really want to decide on a name that brings a compromise from both of us, something we can live with and not regret :) Thanks in advance.

#2 rwalker8

rwalker8

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

Our last name is Walker and we are expecting a boy. My husband is Muslim and wants a name of Arabic origin that has a strong meaning. I, on the other hand, am not Muslim and really just want a name that is non-ethnic. In other words, I would love a name that isn't geared toward one particular race. He loves the name Ameen and I like a name like Isaiah. However, a couple people have said that sounds "Black". That's not what I am going for. I am hoping to find a name that has a great meaning but also isn't particularly from a specific origin or race.

Hope I can get some help here! I am seven months pregnant and would like to decide on something sooner than later :)

#3 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

James

Joshua

Caiden

Thomas

Matthew

Hamish

#4 SPKandZAK

SPKandZAK

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Caleb - means brave, bold.

Jamal - means handsome

Kareem - means noble

Malachi/Malik - angel of God

Nash - protector

Omar - highest

#5 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

I really like Isaiah, especially with the ln Walker. It has a great ring to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users