Arlo?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_A._*

Guest_A._*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hello! I posted a poll a few days ago and I got some good feedback, but I thought I would try a different group of people and post here! I am expecting my first baby boy soon, my due date is in January.
I picked out a name a few months ago and told his dad what I planned on naming him. He went on to tell me that was a ugly, horrible name and that his son will not be named that. So I decided I would change it.
I ended up picking a new name and only told friends and family. Somehow, he found out the name and, again, told me it was too weird and sound like a hippy name. So I changed it again.
I have finally picked another name and I am not telling anyone. It feels kind of weird to keep it a secret, so I wanted to post it here and get some outside opinions!
The name I have picked is Arlo Rowan James. What do you think of it?
Should Rowan and James be hyphenated since they are both his middle names?

Thank you so much!

#2 Sunny Mummy! :)

Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my beloved family, singing, dancing, writing (I have more than 10 novels on the go but never get the mind space time to finish any of them!), art, reading, spending quality time with Loved Ones, cooking (especially baking when I get the time), being outdoors in Nature enjoying God's GLORIOUS Creation (Bush walking, gardening etc), and... BABY NAMES have ALWAYS been an obsession for me!! :D

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Arlo Rowan James is very handsome and I don't think you need to hyphenate! :) If I may ask, why isn't your Son's Father taking an active role in naming your Son rather than just criticising?

#3 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

I agree with above. I'm curious as to why he's not taking an active role in naming him, too, rather than just complaining about every name.

I like Arlo Rowan James. It's very nice and flows well together.

#4 SPKandZAK

SPKandZAK

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

Arlo is really cute, I like it!

What were the other names you had picked out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users