10 replies to this topic

#1 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

some old loves...some new loves...I need your thoughts.

For the girls, we've got:

Troian [prn Troy-in]

Flannery

Gwendolen

Pepper (strictly middle spot)

And for the boys, a much longer list;

Hudson

Kellan

Ferguson

Gavin

Oleander

Benson

Tomlin {to honor my dad}

Aslan (stricly middle) {an ode to Narnia, as well as I just think it's a great name}

Cillian / Killian [prn Kil-yan]

Salem (only in the middle)

Prosper (middle spot, I'm thinking Gavin Prosper?)

Cabhan [prn cav-in] (probably best to keep it middle spot to avoid pronunciation issues)

Some I'm pretty sure I want on my list, others I'm not so sure. Any comments, thoughts, or suggestions are more than welcome!

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

For the girls, we've got:

Troian [prn Troy-in] - This feels more masculine to me, it's probably the Troy bit that makes me think masculine. I also don't think the spelling is very intuitive of the pronunciation, I'm more inclined to say Troy-an rather than Troy-in, which could be a problem for teachers.

Flannery - Again, this one is more masculine for me. It's nice but it makes me think of flannels, so it's not my favourite.

Gwendolen - I love this one, however I much prefer the Gwendolyn spelling. Gwendolen Pepper would be a very spunky combo!

Pepper (strictly middle spot) - Love this one too, very spunky and sassy. I think the right person can pull it off as a first name, but it does work better as a middle name.

And for the boys, a much longer list;

Hudson - This is growing on me, but it's not my favourite.

Kellan - I like this one, it's similar sounding to Kieran and Cullen, but it's a bit more unique.

Ferguson - I'd prefer just Fergus, although I'm not a huge fan of it. Ferguson reminds me of football players for some reason (football as in soccer).

Gavin - Not a fan of Gavin, tbh I don't understand it's appeal.

Oleander - I'd prefer Leander, the O at the front makes it look unappealing to me.

Benson - Not a fan, sorry. The nickname Ben is cute though.

Tomlin {to honor my dad} - I like how it's honoring your dad, but honestly it just looks made up to me; I'd much, much prefer Thomas or just Tom.

Aslan (stricly middle) {an ode to Narnia, as well as I just think it's a great name} - I can't see it on a baby tbh, but it would be okay as a middle name.

Cillian / Killian [prn Kil-yan] - Love this name, so handsome.

Salem (only in the middle) - I think this is mysterious and handsome. It has the same feel as Pepper to me, spunky and sassy but for boys lol.

Prosper (middle spot, I'm thinking Gavin Prosper?) - Love Prosper, but not with Gavin. Cillian Prosper would be handsome, or Kellan Prosper.

Cabhan [prn cav-in] (probably best to keep it middle spot to avoid pronunciation issues) - I like the look but not the sound, it's just like Gavin for me, except with a C  at the beginning.

I feel like I've been so negative, but I wanted to give you my honest opinions. My favourites are Gwendolen and Pepper, and Kellan, Killian, Salem, and Prosper. Did you want combo suggestions?

#3 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Gwendolen is adorable. I also prefer the -lyn spelling. Flannery is one my GP's. Love the literary connection and it sounds inteligent.The only drawback I have to using Flannery is the potential threat of teasing for Flannel?

As for your boys, I really love Salem. It sounds very handsome; like a chiseled hunk straight from the pages of a novel! :)

#4 Riley_Jane

Riley_Jane

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Acting, Dancing, Writing, Names, Event Planning, Hiking, Fitness, Cooking, Baking, and Exploring new things!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

LOVE Troian! It's always been one of my favorites! I'm not keen on any of the other girl names.

For the boys I like a lot of the names you say you'd use as middles. Aslan, Salem, Benson, Hudson, and Kellan!

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

+Thanks for the feedback!

Hannah:

Honest opinions are what I want! :) Question; do you prefer Cillian or Killian? I like the looks of Cillian, but I would fear he'd be called "sill-yan."

Alicia:

I am so glad someone else likes Troian and Aslan <3

#6 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

I prefer Cillian, it looks less like 'kill Ian', and I think people would get it.

#7 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

Ok. Thanks!  :)

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Troian isn't my style personally. For some reason my brain keeps thinking I'm reading "Trojan" rather than "Troian". I guess i's and j's look similar but idk. Then Trojan just makes me think of protection  :blush:

Flannery also isn't my style, though I can see the appeal. 

Gwendolen is beautiful, I've Gwendolyn on my list! Adorable <3

Pepper is cute, though a GP to me. I'm a member of a mom group where one of the fellow moms has a daughter with Down Syndrome and her name is Pepper :) (the daughter, not the mom lol). Good association to me <3

Hudson makes me think of a town name, but I can see the appeal.

Kellan is nice.

Ferguson sounds like a tough kids name (not a bad thing! Just a strong image I suppose). Kinda a cool kid name :)

Gavin I'm liking lately. Gavin Ezekiel hehe <3 <3

I've been crushing on Oleander lately too! 

I'll always be fond of the name Benson, though idk if I'll use it. It has some personal ties :) It just sounds like a sweet name though!

Tomlin is nice! A little different without being odd.

Aslan does make a great name, even if very Narnia-y hehe. 

Cillian isn't my style, I can't get over the "kill" sound. I prefer it with a C though to rid of Kill in the name. 

Salem is alright. I live fairly close to Salem Mass so it makes me think Halloween and the Salem Witch Trials. 

Prosper is neat! NMS, but still cool. I like Gavin Prosper.

Would Cabhan rhyme with Gavin? I kinda like! I think Cavin will go on my GP list, if you dont mind me stealing them misspelling lol

Hope I dont sound like a debby downer lol.. and hope it helps! Especially as you've been SO helpful on my lists lately!  ^_^ <3

#9 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

Thanks Remy :D love the input!

Oh, and as for Cabhan, yes it rhymes with Gavin :) the anglicized verison is typically Cavan, but Cavin is nice, too!!
  • Remy Hadley likes this

#10 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

I love:

Gwendolen

Hudson

Kellan

Benson

Aslan

Cillian 

#11 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

Hm, Cavin would be nice.. interesting! Now I've been thinking about it lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users