Photo

Have Girl's Name, Need Boy's Also - Pronunciation?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Caitlin

Caitlin

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, biking, and baby names. <br />I'm a musical fanatic, play the violin, and I'm a child of God.<br />

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:25 PM

Okay, so I got inspired a few days ago by a drawing, and I've been writing like a nutcase. I have the girl:

Keira Leigh (Last name?) - From a wealthy family, has a twin sister. Long wavy blonde hair. Average height and weight. Big dreamer, lonely. Bombshell - Demonic Red Eyes. Haven't decided if she has powers. Shunned because of them.

Mari (Middle?) (Last?) - Keira's twin sister. Socialite. Also blonde, with green eyes. Taken care of. I can't decide to pronounce it like Mary or like Marie.

The boy - Charming in that soft, understanding way, not a rogue. Average height and weight. Brown hair. Green eyes, maybe? Along with Mari, one of the only people to never shun Keira because of her eyes.

Setting: I'm really not sure. Certainly in the past.

Other names for Mari's suitors, the parents, and random people would be appreciated. Please nothing too common. I love Gaelic names.

Much love, Caitlin.

#2 Squared

Squared

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:23 PM

I have a friend named Mari and it's not pronounced like Mary or Marie. It's name in itself. Like Maury. Mar-ee. If you like Mary or Marie, name her Mary or Marie, not Mari. I'm thinking sort of a classic name: Mari Ella, Mari Elizabeth, Mari Victoria

I'm thinking Will/William for the boy. William Patrick, William Connor, William Brady, William Ciaran/Kieran?

#3 Caitlin

Caitlin

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, biking, and baby names. <br />I'm a musical fanatic, play the violin, and I'm a child of God.<br />

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:12 PM

I have a friend named Mari and it's not pronounced like Mary or Marie. It's name in itself. Like Maury. Mar-ee. If you like Mary or Marie, name her Mary or Marie, not Mari. I'm thinking sort of a classic name: Mari Ella, Mari Elizabeth, Mari Victoria

I'm thinking Will/William for the boy. William Patrick, William Connor, William Brady, William Ciaran/Kieran?

Will and Ceiran might work. And it's not like some high school story where people are named Karla and Holly and crap like that. It might be a fantasy. Might be. But they need more unusual names. So Mari will be her name, I just can't decide if it's MAR-i or Mar-I.

#4 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

Well, for the sister i'm thinking Fraya...... bahahaha :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users