15 replies to this topic

#1 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

My best friend has decided she wants to name her baby either Chloe Lynn or Adam Tyler. She's not set in stone, but she says she's 98% percent sure on the girls name and 99.99% on the boys name. Would love some thoughts on my future god-childs name! Haha, Thanks Ladies!

#2 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Chloe Lynn- I think this is really cute. I feel like there is going to be a lot of little Chloes running around, but to me that's not a problem for me. It's still a very pretty name. Lynn seems like a filler but I like how it sounds with Chloe.

Adam Tyler- I LOVE it. Adam is such a boys name and Tyler sounds really nice with it.

#3 AmyB

AmyB

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Chloe Lynn - I love the name Chloe, however I like it better as a middle name. Lynn is kind of a filler name, but it isn't too overused or boring. The biggest flaw I can see is the double "L" sound in the combo. It creates a bit of a tongue twister.

Adam Tyler - Love it! It's such a classic and handsome combo. What a nice pairing :)

#4 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

Chloe Lynn: I love the name Chloe, as a matter of fact I have got Chloe Matilda on my own list ;) however just my opinion Chloe is such a beautiful name it deserves a more fitting middle name, to go with it. Lynn is very filler and im sure BNG would be happy to suggest se other names to you, but if Chloe Lynn is what they love then go for it :)
Adam Tyler: Wow ! Don't like the name Adam but I must say I love these two names together they sound great!! Very handsome :)

#5 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

She's not the biggest fan of Lynn, but its an honoring name from the baby's grandmother, that's why their using it. :)

#6 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

I actually have a friend named Adam Tyler. I think it works really well.

Chloe Lynn is simply beautiful.

#7 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

I like both names! Chloe Lynn is cute and sweet, and Adam Tyler has great flow. Congrats to your friend! ;)

#8 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

I like both names. They're different, but not out there or anything.

#9 CJAngel

CJAngel

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Family, Reading, Writing, Music, Designing and Creating things, Animals, Relaxing.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

I like both names. Chloe Lynn is cute and sweet, while Adam Tyler is very hansome. Good luck to your friend.

#10 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

She's not the biggest fan of Lynn, but its an honoring name from the baby's grandmother, that's why their using it. :)

Aww! Thats so sweet! :wub:
  • BabyNameRater likes this

#11 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Though none of these names are really on my list, I don't dislike them.

Adam is lovely, though I'm not the biggest fan of Tyler/Taylor etc. It's a nice combination however and flows well.

Chloe is sweet, but I don't see it aging well. As for it paired with Lynn, I'm unsue if it's a little "L" heavy, but I suppose it's a matter of taste.

It's good to see some "traditional" names though! And not the usual 'Sophia or Noah'.

Chloe and Adam are great names that I haven't heard for a while and still the same style as Ava, Emma, Ryan or Ethan..

#12 kelsie__

kelsie__

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Both very cute. ;)

#13 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

I'm not a fan of either of the names, but Adam Tyler is nice out of the two. I dislike both Adam and Tyler for personal reasons, but their good traditional names. Very handsome.

I personally just don't see Chloe aging well. And Lynn makes it a bit L heavy. Maybe using a name that ends in -lyn may help? Chloe Annalyn, Chloe Carolyn, Chloe Brooklyn, Chloe Adalyn, Chloe Ashlyn, Chloe Evelyn, Chloe Madelyn, Chloe Gwendolyn.

I think Chloe Madelyn would be darling <3

#14 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'm not a fan of either of the names, but Adam Tyler is nice out of the two. I dislike both Adam and Tyler for personal reasons, but their good traditional names. Very handsome.

I personally just don't see Chloe aging well. And Lynn makes it a bit L heavy. Maybe using a name that ends in -lyn may help? Chloe Annalyn, Chloe Carolyn, Chloe Brooklyn, Chloe Adalyn, Chloe Ashlyn, Chloe Evelyn, Chloe Madelyn, Chloe Gwendolyn.

I think Chloe Madelyn would be darling <3

The father refuses to budge on Lynn because she won't use Lucinda (the grandmothers first name) <_<

I think the notion is sweet but I agree that Lynn by its self wouldn't be my choice. He also refused Lucia and Lucy instead of Lucinda, which I thought Lucia/Lucy were darling names. Had he let her use them she wanted to use Danielle as the middle name (The fathers middle name is Daniel), which Lucia Danielle is darling in my opinion.

#15 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

I think Lucinda is pretty darling though! I mean, I would chose Lucia or Lucy over Lucinda, but you could still call her Lucy on a regular basis. Lucinda Danielle is pretty <3 Though I'm a fan of old fashioned names. So idk <3

#16 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

I think Lucinda is pretty darling though! I mean, I would chose Lucia or Lucy over Lucinda, but you could still call her Lucy on a regular basis. Lucinda Danielle is pretty <3 Though I'm a fan of old fashioned names. So idk <3

Well the reason she doesn't want use Lucinda is because the father wants to call the baby Cindi for short and Cindi is the name of a girl he cheated with when they were first together.......soooo yeah :wacko:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users