• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 firstbabycoming2012

firstbabycoming2012

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

We are expecting and it is our first baby so we are overwhelmed with name choices! Here are a few that I am pretty stuck on:

Girl:
Maizie Marie Don't know how to spell it yet though: Maizie Mayzie Maisy...I really like the z in it....

Anniston Marie with a nickname of "Anni"

Mallie Kate I love combo names for girls but I don't really like any traditional names

Boys:
Maximillian Oliver with the nickname Max....my husband is really dead set on this name

I also like Marley, Ollie, Milo.....my husband is not a big fan of these but he hasn't shot them down yet either :)

Any opinions would be much appreciaited! :P

#2 thirdandfinal

thirdandfinal

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, photography, reading, movies, camping, family time.

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

If you want it said with a z sound, I'd use the z or else go with the traditional sort of spelling, Maisie. I know someone who named their baby Maisie recently and expects it to be said like Maci; I think generally, if you use Maisie or the z you'll get the z sound; if you use an s and y you'll get the s sound.

I don't really like Mallie Kate, but the other two are good.

Marley is a girl name imo, but I know, the whole marley and me movie and book the dog is a boy, so...maybe not anymore. Oliver I love, Maximillian isn't too bad, not something I'd ever use but a lot bette r than my husband's obsession with the name Denver.

#3 LisaAnn

LisaAnn

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

I think Maizie Marie is adorable. I prefer the spelling Maisie but my second choice would be Maizie.

Anniston Marie is cute but I think straight away about Jennifer Anniston.

I'm sorry but I really don't like Mallie Kate at all. I don't like Kate as a full name but I would like the whole thing more if it was Molly Kate.

Maximillian Oliver is cute but I do prefer Maxwell. Max is a great nickname though!

I adore the name Milo! Otherwise I'm not a fan of Marley or Ollie. Marley makes me think of Marley and Me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users