• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JennRankin13

JennRankin13

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant trying to decide on a name for my baby girl. I have came up with Madelynn for the first name and Presley as a middle name. My family does not like this name. Some say the name sounds too old. What do you think of Madelynn Presley?

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Madelynn (and various spellings) has grown in popularity over the past few years because of its modern -Lyn ending with a classic feel. I don't think many people would find it old fashioned. And Presley has only recently seen much use as a given name. I think Madelynn Presley is very modern sounding.

#3 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

I think Madelyn Presley is fine, spelled that way. (The double n looks excessive to me, and might not age well.)

#4 Tasha1125

Tasha1125

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

I think it's adorable

#5 JViti

JViti

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

I think it is beautiful. Madelynn has various spellings, and thats the only problem with it. It is very modern with the -lyn ending, as many names today have that ending. She will have to spell her name to most people, but it would be that way regardless of which spelling you have. Presley is cute. It is NMS, but it sounds good together. If your last name has an -ey ending, it may sound a little strange. I definitely dont think it sounds old. I'm guessing people are thinking it sounds old because they are thinking of Elvis Presley. Just be careful of it being TOO trendy...the -lyn ending of the first name, and the -ley ending of the last name. It is definitely in right now, but be careful you dont make her into too much of a 2010's fad. 

#6 babynamegoddess

babynamegoddess

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

I think the name sounds great! It's your baby, and you should name her whatever you want to name her! Madelynn is a beautiful, classic name that can be just as modern as an Ava or a Brianna. I think the middle name Presley is the perfect unique balance to a name like Madelynn and the two together are an amazing combo. Good luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users