WOULD TWO GIRLS WITH SIMILAR NAMES BE TOO MUCH

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MEGAN_*

Guest_MEGAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

WE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER NAMED SAVANNAH AND ARE EXPECTING A SECOND CHILD.  IF IT IS A GIRL WE LIKE THE NAME MEADOW BUT WORRY TWO CHILDREN WITH SIMILAR MEANING NAMES WOULD GET MADE FUN OF.  THOUGHTS!!!!!

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:02 AM

I think Savannah & Meadow are very different.  I doubt many people would make the connection since Savannah has become pretty commonplace for a girls name and is only loosely associated with the word.  Normally I think of the city when I hear Savannah.  

#3 Saffron

Saffron

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Photography, reading, raw cooking, hiking, and everything to do with taking the best care of my beautiful daughter <3

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

I don't really think of the meaning of Savannah either, I totally just think of it as a name. I think Meadow and Savannah would make lovely sibling names! congrats on the baby on the way! <3

#4 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

I don't think it is a problem at all.  They are very different names.  It's not like it's Chloe and Zoey -- THAT is too close.  But Savannah and Meadow are not too close at all.  And most people don't know the meaning of Savannah or Meadow, except for us name nerds of course.   :P

#5 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:37 AM

The similar meaning is nothing to worry about... it's a great sibset! :)

#6 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

Extremely cute sibset. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I doubt many people would think of the meaning. Even then, it's a subtle way of being matchy.

#7 ThatFangirl1123

ThatFangirl1123

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:45 AM

Both very beautiful names that compliment each other well. I see no problems in using those names. Your girls would be proud to have such sweet names. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users