4 replies to this topic

#1 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:53 PM

I'm watching a play right now and one of the characters' name is Milay. I have always loved the name Leia (lay-uh), and I really would love to use it, but I think it's too short. What do you think of the name Milaya? I'm not sure oif I just made it up, or if I've heard it before. But hearing the name Milay just made me think of the possibility of having a longer name for Leia. Oh, and how would you spell it? I thought of Milaya/Malaya/Mileia/Maleia...

#2 xSirenx

xSirenx

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

Well looking it up on the meanings these are other names that have "Leia" in the name~

Basileia
Leia
Leialoha
Leiana
Leianne
Maleia
Thaleia
Theokleia

Malaya is a spelling its meaning is "Sandalwood trees"
Maleia is also a spelling of the name :unsure:

#3 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:36 AM

I don't so much like Malaya/Maleia. It doesn't sound like a real name to me for some reason. I think Leia on it's own is absolutely gorgeous. I don't really like it in much other name.

#4 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:43 PM

I don't so much like Malaya/Maleia. It doesn't sound like a real name to me for some reason. I think Leia on it's own is absolutely gorgeous. I don't really like it in much other name.

Yeah I'm still not sure if I like Malaya. I really love Leia, but I don't know if I can picture myself using it.

#5 Erin (was NameFreak) :-)

Erin (was NameFreak) :-)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, horses, tennis, volleyball, animals, marine biology, cooking, names, dancing, singing, clothes, science, history, world cultures and geography....Ummm....Pretty much everything but math!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

I love Leia!! Deleia, Heleia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users