This is an idea based off of the legacy challenge for the Sims games. The challenge runs for 10 generations, so we will be creating 10 generations of the same family in this game. You may choose succession laws (who becomes the heir for the next generation), and all names, but number and gender of children will be down to the dice (unless you are doing a matriarchy/patriarchy and end up with no children of the right gender, then you may have one more child of the correct gender). I hope this makes sense!
Roll the dice for the number of births, whichever number you roll is how many you have.
Roll again for the genders, if you roll a 6 you have twins and must roll again for genders, if you roll a six while rolling for the genders of your twins surprise it's triplets!
Even - girl
Odd - boy
Succession laws to choose from (choose one from each section):
- Matriarchy (Only females can be the heir)
- Patriarchy (Only males can be the heir)
- Equality (Both genders have an equal chance of becoming the heir)
- First born (Only the first born child of the correct gender can be the heir)
- Last born (Only the last born child of the correct gender can be the heir)
- Random (Roll the dice to find out which child will be the heir)
An example of the succession laws
My family has five children, two boys and three girls. I have chosen to play a matriarchy, so the boys cannot be the heir to my legacy. I am also playing with the first born rule, so my first born daughter will be my heir.
I hope all of this makes sense! I will post my legacy in the comments. Have fun! Feel free to ask any questions if you don't understand anything.