• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:03 PM

7 years ago I began writing a series of stories called "Veronica and Klyde"...Well, recently I was reminded of them and was rereading the old notebooks, and I decided I'd (try) rewriting the series. But there are several characters that are in desperate need of new names.

Veronica and Klyde are staying, though having middle names for the two of them might help. Veronica ?? Chains and Klyde ?? Walker.

Veronica's parents are Richard and Claudia (which will remain), but I'm not sure about her two sisters (who are EVIL) Gwenyth and Cassandra.

Klyde's brother used to be Bruce, but I ended up changing it to Bruno, so which one of those should I go with?

Klyde's dead parents also need names.

Veronica's best friend/worst enemy was Simone Stanley, but I need a new last name...

I'm usually very good at coming up with names, but when it's deciding for my own people...It's a lot harder. Especially with THIS story...I must have changed my character names 8 million times!!

#2 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

7 years ago I began writing a series of stories called "Veronica and Klyde"...Well, recently I was reminded of them and was rereading the old notebooks, and I decided I'd (try) rewriting the series. But there are several characters that are in desperate need of new names.

Veronica and Klyde are staying, though having middle names for the two of them might help. Veronica ?? Chains and Klyde ?? Walker.

Veronica's parents are Richard and Claudia (which will remain), but I'm not sure about her two sisters (who are EVIL) Gwenyth and Cassandra.

Klyde's brother used to be Bruce, but I ended up changing it to Bruno, so which one of those should I go with?

Klyde's dead parents also need names.

Veronica's best friend/worst enemy was Simone Stanley, but I need a new last name...

I'm usually very good at coming up with names, but when it's deciding for my own people...It's a lot harder. Especially with THIS story...I must have changed my character names 8 million times!!

Veronica, Klyde, Cassandra, Gwenyth (though I prefer Gwyneth, since it's the traditional spelling - but you know that's just me.) are all good, strong character names. I'm not too sure about Chains, but then again I'm not familiar with the characters so I can't say for certain. And I'm not sure if middle names would be necessary. Are you planning on using them constantly? Like, Veronica Ellen did such and such? I really don't see the need, if you don't plan using it constantly.

As far as Klyde's brother's name, I like Bruce better then Bruno. I think Klyde and Bruce are a better sib set.
Kylde's parents... hmm... Edward & Patricia?

Here are a few new last name ideas for Simone:
Simone Gaurtier
Simone D'Aubigne
Simone De Lorme
Simone Delaflote
Simone Devereux

With a first name like Simone, she just seemed French to me.

#3 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:10 PM

I'm not completely sure just how much of a help I'll be since I am definitely a bit... scatterbrained at the moment, as I mentioned earlier :lol: But I'll give it a shot! I am pretty inclined to agree with Cait; if you won't be needing to use the middle names, I wouldn't worry too much. I do like the names of the sisters, especially Cassandra, but I also think the more traditional spelling of Gwyneth/Gwenyth might be a little easier for a story.

And I have to agree that I like Bruce and Klyde better than Bruno and Klyde :P As for the parents... first ones coming to mind for dad are Scott, Adam, Logan, or maybe Collin... for mom maybe Lily, Anna, Audrey?

Last name idea for Simone... I tried to think up both some more "rich" sounding, classic French names and some more modern ones.

Simone Aungier
Simone Bauer
Simone Cervantes
Simone Delacour
Simone Devon
Simone Ford
Simone Russell (my maiden name -- but I like the sound of it :D)
Simone St. Croix
Simone Valdera

#4 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:24 AM

Agree with Cait and Charity about the middle name thing, if you're not going to use them, maybe you can do without them. Veronica, Cassandra and Gwenyth sound great, but I too prefer Gwyneth.

I prefer Bruno over Bruce but Klyde and Bruce make a better sibset in my opinion. Klyde's parents... Joanne and Ralph?

As for surnames, how about

Simone Dubois
Simone Leroux
Simone Mitchell
Simone Williams
Simone Van Dyk

#5 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:11 PM

Well, I do like having middle names for my characters...Make them completely real in my head, figure out every detail about them before writing, even if I never use the information. It's helps me create the character better in the story, and keep them in character...

I do like Edward and Patricia for Klyde's parents! And Simone, I like Simone Gaurtier. And Bruce is officially Klyde's brother! Thanks, you guys!!

#6 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:56 AM

Glad we were able to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users