• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

So, I can't help but feel that I utterly SUCK at being descriptive. Honestly. I feel like once I get into description that my story looses it's solidity. I feel like it goes from being awesomely epic to being child's play.

Seriously... I hate :/

I don't know what I could do to strengthen that area of my writing. :/ Anyone else have any similar issues?

#2 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'll PM you!!

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

I used to have the same problem, but with practice you can make it a lot better. What I found helped, was finding something to describe, it can be anything, and then maybe spend five minutes brainstorming ways to describe it, and then write a paragraph of description. I also find planning can help, but I generally don't plan all that much when writing (though I should), at least not what I'm writing at the moment. I'm the most unorganized person though xD

So yeah, plan and practice. That's really all the advice I can give you. OH, and if you want to make it stand out, make up your own metaphors, don't just use ones that have already been used, because people are bored of them and they're predictable.

Good luck!

Hannah ♥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users