• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tica

Tica

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:37 AM

Hi! My husband and I are trying to decide what to name our future daughter/s. I want to have two girl names that sound good together.

I've always loved Isabella but am afraid the name is too popular. I like Camilla for the nickname Mila. These two seem to go well together.

Sienna and Alessia are my other options but I am afraid these names are not as pretty or end up being equally as commun...

Any thoughts? What do like best?

I need names that work in both English and Spanish.

Thanks!

#2 MissJay

MissJay

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

I love all of your name choices and think that they work very well together! My favorite would have to be Sienna, it has been on my own personal list for some time now. It has such a soft, romantic sound to it that I am in love with. My least favorite from your list would be Alessia. It is still a very beautiful name as well, but just isn't really my style...something about the way it looks written out throws me off. I also think Isabella and Camilla are great too! As you already stated, Isabella has become very popular. If it's popularity doesn't bother you then I say go for it! I like Camilla and adore the nicknames Cami or Mila. 

All this being said, I think all four names have a very similar feel to them...which would make any combinations of the four work well for siblings. If I had to choose, my favorite sib set would be Sienna and Camilla. 

If you're looking for some more suggestions, here's some I think would fit well with your style:

Adelina

Emilia

Elena

Estella

Gabriella

Liliana

Livia

Reina

Serafina

Sierra

Viviana

Hope this helps! :)

#3 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

I agree with Jay... I love Sienna and Camilla as a sibset!  Both names compliment each other well, in my opinion.

#4 Tica

Tica

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:09 PM

Thank you both for your opinions! They are very helpful!

#5 AnnikaJune

AnnikaJune

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

I love Sienna! Sienna and Camila would be nice

#6 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

I like all of your choices. I agree that Isabella is pretty common, but it's still pretty. Alessia is very pretty and not something you hear everyday.

#7 Tica

Tica

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

Thanks for the latest opinions, they have been very helpful.  I'm definitely convinced not to use Isabella anymore & sure about Sienna.

Still a little bit undecided about Camilla and Alessia, I feel Camilla is more of a classic name and Alessia more short and unusual (more in the style of Sienna). But I like nickname Mila (from Camilla) better than Alessia...

Any more ideas on names like Sienna (short-ish and girly). The only other name that comes to mind is Chloe, but that might be too too popular en the US already.

Any more thought are welcome.

Thanks! 

#8 MissJay

MissJay

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

I still really adore Camilla! I agree that Chloe is a little too popular to fit in with your names. 

A few names that I think go well with Sienna are:

Amelia

Cassia

Dahlia

Gemma

Aria 

Stella

Leila

Let me know what you think! :)

#9 Tica

Tica

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

Thanks again Miss Jay!  I liked the names you sent me, I have thought about it for a few days but haven't decided which one is the winner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users