4 replies to this topic

#1 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

I finally got down to the bottom of my giant boys' list and the combos ended up being a shorter list than my girls' combos, surprisingly. It was because I had to weed out a lot of GPs, and I had trouble finding middle names.  A lot of the middles have meaning to me, so I'll write a bit about those. I wanted badly to incorporate Robin in here as a middle, but it just didn't work out.

Let me know what you think! Thanks in advance!

Thomas Gray

(I love that the whole concept of gray is in between the lines, not necessarily having to be categorized as one thing or another)

Matthias Archer

(Archer is about as close as I could get to using Robin, since I love the tale of Robin Hood and Archer is a nice strong name)

Carter Jack

(Jack is after my grandpa Jack, whose actual first name was John)

Eben Arthur

(Love the story of King Arthur that puts a little boost of bravery into this old-style name)

Gale Timothy

Caspar John

(John is after grandpa Jack mentioned above)

Tobias Henry

Jude Alexander

Ezra Lucas

Roran Lee

(Lee is my dad's middle name but also mine, so honoring here)

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:46 PM

Thomas Gray is so dashing and handsome! It's my favorite combo off of your list. 

Matthias Archer is really handsome, I adore Archer and Matthias is nice, too. tbh, though, I think I'd prefer Matthias Robin. 

Carter Jack is so handsome, I love both names. 

Eben Arthur is nice, I love Eben's connection to Samuel and the Ebenezer stones. I like Arthur, too. 

Gale Timothy is really handsome! Love the soft but solid masculinity. 

Caspar John is probably my second favorite combo you've got here-- it's so charming and handsome!

Tobias Henry has such good balance and an amazing sound, it's great!

Jude Alexander is great; I love both names and they are a perfect match for each other. 

Ezra Lucas is handsome, as you know I absolutely love Ezra! I don't know why, but Lucas just isn't my favorite

Roran Lee is nice, Roran's new to me, but I love Ronan so I'm inclined to like this, too. And the nickname Rory is a huge plus! Lee balances it out nicely.

#3 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback! And yeah, to be honest, I'm still debating between Matthias Archer and Matthias Robin. Maybe I'll keep both on my list for now?

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for the feedback! And yeah, to be honest, I'm still debating between Matthias Archer and Matthias Robin. Maybe I'll keep both on my list for now?

They are both really handsome combos! I lean towards Matthias Robin because Matthias Archer sounds a little "overly macho" if that makes sense. Like Malachi Deacon, y'know? Matthias Robin seems like a better balance, really masculine and solid, but just a touch of softness. But you can't go wrong either way, really!

#5 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:28 PM

All I can say is that you have a really solid, handsome list!

My faves are as follows:

Jude Alexander
Tobias Henry
Matthias Archer
Thomas Gray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users