• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 A.Camille

A.Camille

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Fashion, literature, sports, cosmetology, + daydreaming!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

So I've asked for opinions on a couple of names recently, but as I look at my girls list now, it looks COMPLETELY lackluster. I'm loving almost everything on my boys list and NOTHING on my girls list. Well except for Fiona and Zara. Help me out? To give you an idea of my name style here are my most current loves & likes:

LOVES (I can literally see myself naming any of my future children these names)
Fiona, Zara, Griffin, Asher, Everett, Holden, Maddox, Rowan, Brooks, Sawyer, Carter, Knox, Lincoln, Flynn

LIKES (I think they're pretty, but nothing jumps out at me)
Zoe (except this was supposed to be my niece's name so I feel like it's still connected to her)
Magnolia, Harper, Harlow, Nova, Isla, Dahlia, Linnea, Piper, Scout, Raina,

Apparently, I have a quite hipster style of names..which I'm totally fine with. Though there is nothing wrong with them, I don't want anything common (Ashley, Brittany, Olivia, Michael, James, Andrew). They just don't fit my family's style. I want something unique, yet recognizable and pronounceable. Nothing you'd find in the top 100. I just need as much help as I can get at this point. ;) Thanks!

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

It sucks when you feel like no names are jumping out at you. From your loves list, I like Zara, Maddox, Rowan, Knox, and Flynn. From your likes list, I like Zoe, Harper, Isla, Linnea, Piper, and Scout.

Here are some names that Nameberry classes as hipster:
Annabel
Clementine
Daisy
Delilah
Dixie
Edie
Flora
Frances
Georgia
Hazel
India
Ione
Iris
Ivy
June
Leonora
Lila
Lola
Lulu
Mamie
Matilda
Millie
Minnie
Olive
Pearl
Poppy
Romy
Ruby
Sadie
Scarlett
Stella
Tallulah
Violet

I plugged Fiona and Zara into Nymbler, and got these out:
Dania
Avila
Elisabeth
Giovanna
Leila
Breanna
Riona
Sophia
Ella
Kenna
Laila
Amira
Ava
Gemma
Jemima
Elyssa
Megan
Kelly
Ailis
Mattea
Fallon
Delaney
Erin
Rory
Nora
Enid
Emma
Rafaela
Luna
Ziva
Hannah
Casey
Verity
Emily
Kerry
Orla
Penelope
Aileen
Colleen
Samara
Mackenzie
Kyla
Sarah
Maya

Hope this helps!
Hannah x

#3 Jayismynickname

Jayismynickname

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

I was considering the name Gryphin or some alternate spelling like on your list, but then I thought about Family guy and debated over and over and finally decided not to subject my child to countless teasing over the years...Though its sad that it could go as an unused name just because of that......Anyway though, the rest are all lovely names.

How do you feel about the name Serophina? Its just been popping out at me lately...But not a name Id want to use myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users