• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

Can anyone think of any names (full names) that just sound cool together. For example:

Ana (ah-na) Journey

and

Luna Eclipse

As in: On a Journey and Lunar Eclipse. I was just looking through my old name journals while I was looking on here (I can multi task!), but I came across those two names and I thought this would be another good topic to start!

#2 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

River Banks maybe?:unsure:

#3 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

lol...That's kinda weird, but they're all kind of weird. That's to be expected!

I just thought of another! Grace Leslie!

Gracelessly

Get it?

Okay, I'm dumb...I find the strangest things amusing, so forgive me if I start acting weird.

#4 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

I just thought of another! Grace Leslie!

Gracelessly

Get it?

Ah, but if we're going there what about Ruth Leslie (ruthlessly)?

#5 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

lol...That's just cursing a child...But, I guess Grace Leslie would be doing the same also...Knowing me, all of my children will inherit something called clumsiness. lol.

#6 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:53 PM

Ah..it's not the worst trait in the world. Sometimes it's even a bit endearing!

#7 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:55 PM

Ah, but if we're going there what about Ruth Leslie (ruthlessly)?

Haha! LeAnne, that was funny.
I actually saw that someone posted on BabyNameGenie polls that their first daughter's name is Maeby Lily, as in Maybe Lily.
There's also names like Rain Storm (a family from church actually used this on their daughter) Tiger Lily (too much Peter Pan today, huh?).

#8 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

Ooh! I also remember Rose Thorne was one on BabyNameGenie...I think that one's pretty. Then at my mom's daycare there was a girl named Mina Amore...My mom said it kind of sounded like "me no more". It kind of does, if you let the two "a's" go together instead of enunciating both of them...

#9 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

Haha! LeAnne, that was funny.
I actually saw that someone posted on BabyNameGenie polls that their first daughter's name is Maeby Lily, as in Maybe Lily.
There's also names like Rain Storm (a family from church actually used this on their daughter) Tiger Lily (too much Peter Pan today, huh?).

Yeah, I saw Maeby Lily too. I was kind of dumbfounded. Seriously.. Maeby? Poor girl. Tigerlily is OKAY if it's all one name and they're into the nature thing. But balance it out with a nice name like Elizabeth. Rain and Storm, both good names, but not together.

#10 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:02 PM

I thought Maeby was an...interesting name. lol...I never thought it could be a name, but I did find it in my baby name book...

#11 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

There was another woman who posted Mya Amanda (they didn't end up picking it), but it always looked like My Ah-Amanda like someone was stuttering.
But there's always classics like Cara Mia.

#12 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

And, of course, Ginger Snaps...(thanks for the inspiration, Scarlet!) lol.

#13 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

But there's always classics like Cara Mia.

I may sound stupid, but I don't get it.. Haha.
Are we just saying that sounds bad together?

#14 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:13 PM

I don't get it either...lol...gimme a few more minutes and I might get it...idk

#15 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:16 PM

I may sound stupid, but I don't get it.. Haha.
Are we just saying that sounds bad together?

No, we're not saying that they sound bad, just different. Cara Mia is an Italian endearment that means "my beloved".

#16 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:16 PM

It's a cute without going overboard.

#17 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:17 PM

Oooh! Okay. That's kind of sweet, if you go by meanings!

#18 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:18 PM

Well now I like it! I would never choose either Cara or Mia, but if someone has a child with that name, I'll definitely forgive them. :]

#19 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

In Italian Cara literally means beloved and Mia is mine.... so "my beloved"
Sorry, I'm a translator so sometimes I forget not everyone's on the same page as me. I'll sometimes start rambling and my husband looks at me like I've got 2 heads because he can't figure out what the heck I'm saying. Not to mention which language I'm speaking in. :unsure:

#20 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:23 PM

lol. That's okay. I like learning cool meanings, and I love Italian names, so that's awesome!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users