• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

Here are my children's names if I was to have 2 girls and 1 boy.
Ava Madeline
Emerson Ruby (Emme)
Easton Malachi

A few questions...
1. Is Ava too girly to go with the unisex Emerson (although she would be called Emme most of the time)?
2. Are Emerson and Easton too close? They both start with E and end in -on...
3. Would people think Emerson nn Emme is a boy?

I also like Ava Madeline, Easton Malachi, and Zoe. But Zoe still needs a middle name. I can't really picture myself with a baby Zoe, but I can picture myself with a baby Emme (Emerson).
What are some other ways I could use Emme as a nickname? Besides Emma. Emme and Emma are the same amount of letters, so it's not really a nickname...

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

I like Ava and Emerson together. Wicked cutesy, I like <3 Well, not overly cutesy. But adorable :)

I think Emerson and Easton are a little close for my taste though. They both start with E and both end in -on. (its mainly they both end in -on that gets me pesronally). They are distinct enough that they wouldn't get mixed up for each other constantly but just too close in my personal opinion.

I don't think people would no. Emersons really been going to the girls side, I'd assume girl upon hearing it <3

Emmalyn
Emelia
Emerald
Esmeralda
Emery

those are the only other Emme names I can think of. I don't necessarily think Emma and Emme are too close together, though I would think Aubey for Aubrey is too close though (because its such a subtle difference and all). I think I like it because its distinct. Like Emma and Emme don't sound EXACTLY alike, even if they look mostly similar.

#3 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

I love all three of your combos!

1. I think Ava and Emerson make a nice pair, especially with Emerson being called Emme.
2. I must admit, I do think Emerson and Easton are a little bit too close. Have you considered Weston, Emmett, Deacon, Eden, Emmeline, Emory / Emery, Ethan, Evan, Evelyn? Just a few suggestions.
3. Emerson, maybe. Emme, definitely not.

I personally like Zoe, and I think it goes well with Ava and Easton.

#4 MissJay

MissJay

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

I love Ava Madeline and Easton Malachi! But, I have to agree that Emerson and Easton are a little too close for me.

I really like Ava, Easton, and Zoe as a sib set though. What do you think of Zoe Emerson? I think it's adorable and a good way to use all the names you like! :)

#5 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Yeah, I really do think Emerson and Easton are too close. I don't Easton and Emme are too close though. I just love Emerson and Easton sooo much. I can't picture myself not having a daughter Emme... But I also can't imagine not having an Easton. Easton was on my list first and in my opinion, I've perfected Easton Malachi. I love Emerson, but Ruby (as a middle) isn't set. I would like other middle name suggestions if possible. Thanks. :-)

#6 ashleylyn

ashleylyn

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

I would personally go with

Ava Madeline & Ruby Emerson (Short first and long middle for both...just looks and sounds better imo)

and.... I love Easton Malachi just the way it is!

I hope I helped in some way!! GOOD LUCK!

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

In the long run, what truly matters about a name is that you adore it. As nice as it is to have flow and matching styles and all, its the love that makes a name magical and worthwhile <3 If you love both Emerson and Easton, I'd not worry a bit about it.

Emerson Kiley
Emerson Clare
Emerson Catelyn
Emerson Lila
Emerson Isla
Emerson Paisley
Emerson Flora
Emerson Lucy

GL!

#8 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

I could use Emerson as a middle, but still call her Emme... Maybe. Thank you for all of your suggestions and for putting up with my pickiness. And sorry I've been posting so much. I'm not even pregnant, but I'm fretting over future baby's names... And then I'm not sure of Ruby as a first. I don't really "love" it... I'm gonna think of other first names for baby Emme. :-)

#9 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

1. I agree that Ava and Ruby would work even better as a sibset than Ava and Emerson, though frankly, like Remy said, it's wicked cute.

2. Emerson and Easton are a little close for siblings IMHO.. but to each their own I suppose.

3. I actually like Emerson more on a girl. And the nickname "Emme" is precious. So definitely has a girly feel.

Ava Madeline is beautiful. A really lovely and traditional combo that's not outdated.

Malachi isn't my favourite, I'm a bigger fan of Micah or Michael.

Zoe is cute, but I don't ever see it aging well. (Though in this day and age, there are so many cutesy names out there, eventually there will be a bunch of grandma's named Zoe! I think it's all a matter of association)

Here are some middle names.

Zoe Amelia

Zoe Francesca

Zoe Vivienne

Zoe Helen

Zoe Juliet

Zoe Grace

Zoe Beatrice

Zoe Diana

Zoe Elise

Zoe Charlotte

Zoe Natalia

Zoe Elisabeth

Zoe Sofia

Zoe Margaret

Zoe Alana

Depending on what sort of middle name you're looking for.

(I would personally pair it with something a little more "grown up")

And a bunch of full names for Emme:

Emilia

Emmanuelle

Esme

Emery

Emerald

Emalia

Emmeline

Clementine

Emily

You could even use the initials M.E and call her "Emme".

If you like this particular nickname though, I can totally see it as a name on it's own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users