• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Skekee

Skekee

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

Just thought I would share a few of our (husband and I) fave names, that we chose from to come up with our name choices for this baby.

Girls:
Romilly
Dabney
Daphne
Vivian
Vienna ( the bachelor killed this for me, and I don't even watch it, lol)
Briony

Boys:
Tobin
Atticus
Everett
Rivers

We decided on Romilly Paige Maxine ( Paige is my husbands fave name, truth be told i don't love it, lol but we compromised :), Maxine is my moms name), For a girl.
Tobin Rivers James, for a boy. I don't love the flow of the rivers james part, but its not a huge deal to me. We tend to drop the 3rd name on my daughters name when we say it, in this case James' my husbands middle name. Our daughter chose Rivers as the middle name out of that list there. She is very proud and continuously says " Tobin Rivers , Tobin Rivers, that name is perfect, like Waverly Amber (her name :P). She is five, we wanted her to feel more involved and warm up to the idea that it could be a boy, haha.

Thoughts on our lists?

#2 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

Girls:
Romilly - I like this one, (: It sounds nice and looks nice and has tons of potential nicknames, which is really important to me.. I don't know about you.
Dabney - I think she would have to say her name alot and she'd probably get called Daphne ALOT.
Daphne - I love it! It sounds so sweet but feels like it would age well.
Vivian - Soooo pretty.
Vienna - This is pretty too, but kind of common.. ish.
Briony - SOOOO pretty! (:

Boys:
Tobin - I like this, but it sounds a bit.. off (TO ME!)
Atticus - I like this one! (:
Everett - Nice. (:
Rivers - I like River better, but its nice.

Overall, nice names! (:

#3 _Nikkay_

_Nikkay_

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

My favorites on your list are Vivian, Briony & Everett. So adorable! I love them.

The rest arent really my style but they're still nice names!(:

#4 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

My favorites are Briony, Vivian, Atticus & Everett. I love River but not so much Rivers which makes me think of Joan Rivers.

#5 Aliame

Aliame

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:21 PM

My favorites are:

Dabney
Atticus
Everett

I'm glad that you guys have names picked out and they sound just fine and are full of meaning. Congrats!

#6 Skekee

Skekee

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

My favorites are Briony, Vivian, Atticus & Everett. I love River but not so much Rivers which makes me think of Joan Rivers.

Rivers is after the lead singer of Weezer :). I don't like River nearly as much, but your not the first to say River over Rivers, although you are the first to mention joan, lol.

#7 thirdandfinal

thirdandfinal

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, photography, reading, movies, camping, family time.

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

I like your choices. :)

Everett is one we like, too. I had never heard of Tobin but saw a friend on fb had a comment from a Toban recently; probably said the same?

I agree that Dabney would probably be forever correcting people who presume it's Daphne, or people would go presuming she's male from the typed name on class lists etc.
I like Romilly a lot.

#8 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

Girls:
Daphne

Boys:
Everett

#9 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:29 AM

My favorite Girls name is Vivian, and my favorite Boys is Everett.

#10 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:40 AM

From your list, my favorites are Romilly, Daphne, and Vivian. Bonus guilty pleasure points to Briony! :)
I love Atticus and Everett from the boys list, but Tobin is actually really cute. Are you planning to use Toby as a nickname?

I especially love Romilly Paige Maxine!
Romilly is a name I recently discovered and literally fell in love with it! So pretty and unheard of... Paige is a little bland, but nice, and Maxine is a gem. Truly, I'd never be able to use it, but I love it.

Tobin Rivers James .. have you thought of using the name River instead? it's less of a mouthful with one less "S". Still, handsome name!
kudos!

#11 Skekee

Skekee

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

From your list, my favorites are Romilly, Daphne, and Vivian. Bonus guilty pleasure points to Briony! :)
I love Atticus and Everett from the boys list, but Tobin is actually really cute. Are you planning to use Toby as a nickname?

I especially love Romilly Paige Maxine!
Romilly is a name I recently discovered and literally fell in love with it! So pretty and unheard of... Paige is a little bland, but nice, and Maxine is a gem. Truly, I'd never be able to use it, but I love it.

Tobin Rivers James .. have you thought of using the name River instead? it's less of a mouthful with one less "S". Still, handsome name!
kudos!

I should edit my original post to put this right up front, lol, I will not use River, Its Rivers for a reason. I understand the Rivers James is a mouthful, but river loses all of its charm for me, as its specifically after a person whose name is Rivers, not river, plus I just think Rivers as a whole sounds better then River.
I will not be using Toby, as a nn for Tobin, if we can help it, we much prefer Tobe. I am hoping though that Tobin, is just called Tobin, more than anything.
For Romilly we intend to call her Romy.

Thanks!

#12 thirdandfinal

thirdandfinal

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:scrapbooking, photography, reading, movies, camping, family time.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:58 PM

For the nickname to Romilly, is it said Romy like kind of rhymes with pony, or Romy like rhymes with mommy?
Just curious because there's this silly movie I found really hilarious called Romi and Michele's High School Reunion, and it never occurred to me her full name may have been Romilly. Hers was like rhymes with pony. Like row-me.

#13 Skekee

Skekee

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:20 AM

For the nickname to Romilly, is it said Romy like kind of rhymes with pony, or Romy like rhymes with mommy?
Just curious because there's this silly movie I found really hilarious called Romi and Michele's High School Reunion, and it never occurred to me her full name may have been Romilly. Hers was like rhymes with pony. Like row-me.

Origanally, I had intended to say it like in the movie. But that was when I wanted to pronounce the name rome-i-lee, rather than Rah-milly, both apparently are legit pronunciations, I however am going with the more common Rahmilly, so it will be rah-mee, yes like mommy, i guess, lol. Both are uber cute though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users