2 replies to this topic

#1 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

I have an idea for a story but I need names. At first, it was meant to be a short story and I had chosen the names "Kerric" and "Leighton". But as I started developing the story more that names don't fit. So, I need help!

The story is a bit like the Wizard of Oz. "Leighton" is driving in a storm one night. I don't know why or if there really is a why. It's a pretty bad storm and as she comes to this bridge she has to go under, it is struck by lightning. The bridge is electrified and the underpass seems to be glowing. She tried to slam on the breaks and loses control of the car. It skids under the bridge and she is knocked unconcious. When she wakes up, she is surrounded by woods and the road has disappeared. When she goes to investigate, she finds she has hit someone. Of course, she freaks. Eventually, she finds out that she killed a much feared and tyranical overlord in a village nearby in this 'world'. The people are grateful though weary of her. "Kerric" arrives, the king of the whole world, to collect something the overlord possessed. A "ruby". He terrorizes the villagers until he finds out the "ruby" has already passed to someone else, "Leighton". (The ruby is some sort of power which manifests itself as a tattoo on her shoulder.) "Kerric" vows to kill "Leighton" to obtain the "ruby" but she is protect by the villagers, who find the ruby and the person who possess it sacred. The king declares war on the village.

That's pretty much what I have. A few loose ends to fix but the general idea. I need some help renaming those two characters.

"Leighton"--Long, sleek dark brown hair, honey-brown eyes, lean, slender, opinionated, cynical, independent

"Kerric"---Sandy blond hair, grey eyes, narrow, muscular, calculating and cruel

Thanks in advance!!

#2 Bestmomma6

Bestmomma6

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Bianca, Alice, Cambria, Holland, Taegan
Reid, Darrien, Damien, Jarek
I like Cambria and Damien best.

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

So the overlord that "Leighton" killed possessed the "ruby"
The villagers hold the "ruby" and anyone who possess the "ruby" sacred.
So now that "Leighton" has the "ruby" she is protected
But they were happy that the overlord was killed?

I guess they couldn't do anything about the evil overlord while he possessed the "ruby" and they are happy that she killed him for them.

Anyway...

You want something modern and strong and probably a bit unique for "Leighton" ?
Sidney/Sidonie, Annis(ton), Jasper, Cassia, Emerson, Farris, Gemma, Kiley, Maya, Tony, Veronica "Roni"

I think "Kerric" fits but here are some more suggestions:
Kael, Rogan, Bastian/Bashen, Ozten, Kalus "Calous" , Brutte, Pheirs "Fierce"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users