#1 katie.

katie.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:Reading, watching movies, swimming

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:31 AM

Let me start by saying i am not planning on having kids anytime soon. So my cousin recently had a baby and named her Kayleigh. I see her several times a year. the thing is I like the name Kaylee as well. would i be able to use the name or would it be too similar?

#2 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:44 AM

If you see her often enough, it might pose a problem. I would definitely explore your options, maybe use it as a middle name? Or maybe in years to come, you might finda new favorite since you're not expecting anytime soon. I think if you love it more than anything, than it would be okay if you used it, but maybe you'll come across a nameyou like more, there are many out there, and many similar too!

#3 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:36 AM

If you see her often enough, it might pose a problem. I would definitely explore your options, maybe use it as a middle name? Or maybe in years to come, you might finda new favorite since you're not expecting anytime soon. I think if you love it more than anything, than it would be okay if you used it, but maybe you'll come across a nameyou like more, there are many out there, and many similar too!

Very well said!

#4 xsimplii_moiix

xsimplii_moiix

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

I agree but if you named her a different name similar to Kaylee, it shouldn't be a problem. My name is Carla and one of my nephew's is Carl. I also have the same name as my third cousin who I see alot but she spells her name Karla. I love the name Carla as well but because my name is Carla, I would use it as a middle name for if I had another daughter. I think using it as a middle name is safer so you don't upset anyone.

#5 MellyMade

MellyMade

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Names (of course), animals, books, music, quirky things from thrift stores, soft serve/frozen yogurt.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:31 PM

I agree with Smile!

Plus my two cents: There are thousands of beautiful names out there. If the name has some special significance to you, use it. If you just like the way it sounds, I'm sure something else out there will catch your ear :)

#6 katie.

katie.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:Reading, watching movies, swimming

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

Can I please have some suggestions then for similar names.

#7 Pistachio

Pistachio

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:00 AM

Can I please have some suggestions then for similar names.

These could all be spelled differently and/or begin with either a "C" or a "K"...I really only sort of like the first four, though:

Chloe
Kira
Kylie
Carly
Kayla
Carleigh
Callie/Kaleigh etc.
Callia (pronounced kuh lee uh)
Kalya (pronounced kal yuh)
Kayleah (kay lee uh)
Kaylinn
Coralee

#8 Pistachio

Pistachio

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:22 AM

I have a brother and a cousin with the same first name. When family is together, the younger of the two goes by first and middle name or initial--or, sometimes a shorter version of his name. So, just as an example she could be:

Kay

Kaylee Jane
Kaylee J
KJ

Kaylee Dawn
Kaylee D
KD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users