• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm on vacation with the fam for the next few days, at the beach. So I've been carrying a notebook with me and writing out some names I like. Want to work on my name list but I want to spend time with the fam, so resolved to spend less time online for now. I'd love some random suggestions! Here are some things on my mind..

Elizabeth. Mike and I decided if we ever have a girl in the future, her name will probably be Elizabeth! Ellie would be her regular nick name, though I imagine I'd call her Elsie when Mikes not around. (Same with calling Archer "Archie" when Mikes not around. That was his condition, just don't use it when he's around lol!). I've been throwing around Elizabeth Nora and Elizabeth Grier, but I feel like Mike would want to use Elizabeth Jade for his grandmother. I'm debating though as Elizabeth Jade feels bland to me. I like how classic Elizabeth Nora feels, I could call her Ella-Nor XD jk! But I like how glamorous and spicy Elizabeth Grier is!

I've really been looking for "Nick" names to use in the middle. I'm gunna ask Mike about Nikolai again. He likes it, but when I asked about seriously using it he said "its too russian". I wonder if he means its just too russian to use as a first? Archer Nikolai could be handsome! I'm really feeling compelled to honor my grandfather, but Nicastro isn't my fave to use as a middle.. just feels like too much with our surname. He's called by Nick, so its the most direct way to honor him.

I'm throwing around a few names.. Theo, Silas, Gavin, Phoebe, Delilah, Juliet, Eve, Caroline, and Yasmine. I'd really love suggestions though! Not necessarily combo's, just names in general. I seem to find boys names I like easier than girls.. so feel free to go either way. But if I dislike a lot of girls names options its expected ;) I'm still trying to work on Mike and I's list, I like having a list. Potential future kids or whatever.

Thanks ladies!! :)

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

I think Elizabeth is beautiful! Elizabeth Nora is sweet <3 I think Ellie is a cute nickname, as is Elsie!

Ellie and Archer is a cute sibset!

Theo - all nickname to me. But it is a cute one! I absolutely love Theodore!
Silas - favorite boys name ever <3 So handsome and it will age so well
Gavin - handsome. would go well with Archer and Elizabeth!
Phoebe - not a fan
Delilah - sweet sound, bad biblical connotation
Juliet - Such a lovely name! Love it.
Eve - sweet :) I prefer it as a nickname for Evangeline, but I think it stands well alone, too
Caroline - love this one as well! Darling
Yasmine - not my style, but I love Jasmine

#3 StephRL

StephRL

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sleeping, Food, Animals, Coffee, Donuts, My child, Cooking, Painting, Writing and Gardening!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

Elizabeth Nora is darling, I do love the classic feel. I like Elizabeth Grier too, but not as much as Elizabeth Nora.

If you would like some random suggestions here are some...
Madeleine
Ruby
Elise
Isaac
Maisie
Jesse
Charlotte
Jules
Eliot
Lucy
Taylor
Liam
Matthew
Lucas
Esme
Sophie
Belle
Ike
Emmeline
Andrew
Julia
Naomi
Simon
Cole
Logan
Sean
Fiona
Savannah
Paige
Derrick
Natalia
Zoe
Sage
Elle
Duncan
Clara
Georgia
Elias
Susanna
Imogen
Finn
Ezra
Jonas
Monica
Ivan
Erin
Vivian
Ross
Carlos
Gemma
Louisa
Dominic
Matilda
Rochelle
Zachary
Alexandria
Maeve
Gabrielle
Autumn
Brice
Jarod
Emme
Aria
Maya
Serena
Michelle
Erica
Milly

Enjoy your vacation.

#4 Ninan

Ninan

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

I'm not really a fan of either Yasmine or Gavin, though Gavin is ok.

I think Theo is cute - it's on my list of honoring nicknames. I'll see your Nicastro and raise you a Theophilus. Dead serious O_O

Delilah and Juliet are GP's of mine. I especially like the nickname Lila.

Caroline is more of a middle name to me.

Phoebe and Silas are cute. I love Si as a nickname.

Ellie is a cute nickname for Elizabeth. I like Elise as a nick for it as well, because I prefer the spelling "Elisabeth". Elize just wouldn't look right O_o. I prefer Elizabeth Nora as well... while I like Jade or Jada with other names I agree that "Elizabeth Jade" feels a bit generic.

Have fun on vacation :)

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Thanks ladies!! :)

I am loving Elizabeth.. hard to go wrong with this timeless classic. I prefer Elisabeth myself, but Mike said absolutely not to it last time I asked. Idk why it makes all the difference... but I'm okay with that. Elizabeth is pretty. And Ellie seems like a nice variation to Lizzie which I'm not a fan of. I know many wonderful Lizzie's but its just not a name I'd like to use myself. Ellie is adorable <3 And Elsie is totally my style and honors family. I'd enjoy using it on my own time. I like Elise as well, but don't love it for whatever reason. I'm thinking of talking him into two middle names.. like Elizabeth Nora Jade or something. So we can honor her but still have something to the name. We'll see!

I love Theodore as well, but Mike only likes Theo. It may remain a middle name but idk. And oh gosh Theophilas? Is that a surname in your fam?? Woah haha! Haha Nicastro isn't too bad, but Mike himself has a three syllable polish surname that just makes Nicastro quite the mouthful! haha!

I don't care for Jasmine, sorry. And Yasmine's just to honor Yasmine here, one of my bestie. I'm still debating using Madeleine as well to honor her, nick name Minnie. Yasmine would only be a middle name while Madeleine could be a first. <3

Evangeline is cute but so doesn't work with Mikes surname! Plus it sounds to evangelical, which sounds ultra christian to me. Nothing wrong with that, but its a type of christianity to me? In the same sense i'd not name my kiddo Buddha would I not name my kid Christian or Evangeline haha.

Thanks for all these suggestions!! I'm gunna mull them over.. I like a few :) I'll get back to you with what I come up with! Thanks so much girls!! Really appreciate it <3 And thanks, enjoying it to the fullest haha! Love being with the fam x

#6 PaigeA

PaigeA

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

I like Elizabeth Grier! It's so pretty and I love the nickname Ellie. Ah I love Theo, Silas, Phoebe, Delilah and Yasmine <3 Madeleine is nice too :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users