#1 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

Okay, based on suggestions you guys gave me on my previous post, I have updated my boy's list. Here are the names I had previously and did not change:

Henry Connor

Charles Ellery

James Arlen

Thomas Richard

Theodore Franklin

Now I'll post the new names. I'm surprised because they don't seem to conincide with my typical naming style. Most of them will probably end up as guilty pleasures, but oh well.

Greyson Clark

I can't really picture myself naming my child Greyson... but I think it's very handsome and the nickname Grey is adorable. Clark is one of those names that I think is very handsome, but I prefer it as a middle because it's so old-fashioned, and you don't really hear it anymore.

Niall Jackson

I'm actually not Irish, but I love Niall! Probably because it reminds me of Niall from One Direction and Niles from Frasier, both of whom I love! I think Jackson is a handsome name too.

Nathan Robert

I worry this name is too boring. I really like Nathan, especially with the nickname Nate. Robert is a family name. Do you think these two names sound dull together? If so, what other suggestions do you have?

Louis Sebastian

Definitely a guilty pleasure, haha! I like how French it sounds.

Luca Bennett

I'm totally crushing on Luca right now. I like it better than Luke and Lucas. And I like Bennett better than Benjamin, too.

Nolan Arthur (?)

I love both names... but do you think they sound nice together? Do you like this combo, or would you change it? If so, how?

I would love to hear your opinions on these names. Thank you so much for reading!

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Okay, based on suggestions you guys gave me on my previous post, I have updated my boy's list. Here are the names I had previously and did not change:

Henry Connor

Charles Ellery

James Arlen

Thomas Richard

Theodore Franklin

Now I'll post the new names. I'm surprised because they don't seem to conincide with my typical naming style. Most of them will probably end up as guilty pleasures, but oh well.

Greyson Clark

I can't really picture myself naming my child Greyson... but I think it's very handsome and the nickname Grey is adorable. Clark is one of those names that I think is very handsome, but I prefer it as a middle because it's so old-fashioned, and you don't really hear it anymore.

Niall Jackson

I'm actually not Irish, but I love Niall! Probably because it reminds me of Niall from One Direction and Niles from Frasier, both of whom I love! I think Jackson is a handsome name too.

Nathan Robert

I worry this name is too boring. I really like Nathan, especially with the nickname Nate. Robert is a family name. Do you think these two names sound dull together? If so, what other suggestions do you have?

Louis Sebastian

Luca Bennett

I'm totally crushing on Luca right now. I like it better than Luke and Lucas. And I like Bennett better than Benjamin, too.

Nolan Arthur (?)

I love both names... but do you think they sound nice together? Do you like this combo, or would you change it? If so, how?

I would love to hear your opinions on these names. Thank you so much for reading!

Henry Connor - I love Henry, and Connor flows well with it. It's not a combo I'd put together, but it works well so 8.

Charles Ellery - I like Charles and Ellery, but they don't really seem to fit together to me. I think it's because Charles is so traditional, and Ellery feels so much more modern. However, they do flow well, and I like the sound of this combo, so 8. What about Eller Charles/Charles Eller? This just seems fresher and they flow better to me.

James Arlen - James is a bit boring to me, no offense intended, it just feels overdone, and a lot less fresh than some other names on your list. Maybe it's because I know, and am related to, a lot of James'. I like Arlen though so 5. What about Arlen James? I know James seems like a filler name, but if it means something to you, then I prefer it in the middle name spot. Plus, Arlen is a lot less popular than James is.

Thomas Richard - Again, I don't mean any offense by this, but this combo is just a tad predictable. I'm sure there are a ton of kids out there called Thomas Richard, and while both names are nice, they're just not ones I'd pair together so 5. What about Arlen Thomas, or Richard Arlen? Or maybe Thomas Greyson/Greyson Thomas? I think that these are just a little bit fresher, without being too out there.

Theodore Franklin - Theodore I love, Franklin isn't my style, but I like this combo, however presidential it feels :P The flow is great, the names are great, so 9. What about Thaddeus Franklin? It's close to Theodore, but not as presidential, and it still gets you to the nickname Tedddy (if you like that) or Thad is another option. There's also just Theo, or my personal favourite Theon, but that doesn't sound as good with Franklin.

Greyson Clark - This one, I love completely. Although Greyson may be quite popular at the moment I like it a lot, and paired with Clark I think it works well. It's not a combo I'd have thought of, but I like it a lot 10.

Niall Jackson - I love Niall, but are you pronouncing it like the Nile, or like Neil, because I've heard it pronounced both ways, although I'm pretty sure Nile is the correct pronunciation. Paired with Jackson it almost feels like a first name, surname combo, but it's a good combo nonetheless, so 7.

Nathan Robert - It's a good strong combo, but I agree with you that it sounds a bit dull so a 6. Wdyt of Nathan Louis?

Louis Sebastian - I do like this combo, but it does sound very French, which might not be the best if you're not of French descent, so 7. Wdyt of Sebastian Robert?

Luca Bennett - I like both of these names, but the flow seems to be a bit choppy to me so 8. What about Bennett Luca?

Nolan Arthur - I'm not a fan of Nolan, but Arthur is one that I do like. The flow seems a little off to me, but the combo is nice overall so 7. What about Arthur Nolan?

I hope this was helpful!

-Hannah-

#3 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

Thanks, Hannah! I appreciate the help.

I understand what you mean about James and Thomas being predictable and bland... for some reason, even though James and Thomas have been over-used throughout the ages, I love both names!

Yes, I pronounce Niall like Nile, not Neil. :)

And yes, I was considering Arthur Nolan... I do think it has a better flow. I'm just not 100% sure yet, I guess. But it's definitely growing on me, so I'll think about it.

Thanks again!

#4 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Greyson Clark
I love, love, love this combo! It's such a good balance of modern and classic. I love the nickname Grey, too. (:

Niall Jackson
Although this name isn't my style, I like the combination of unique first name and trendy middle. (:

Nathan Robert
I love this name. Probably because my boyfriend is named Jonathan Robert...but I think this name is very classy and handsome. Nathan is an awesome first name. (:

Louis Sebastian
Love this combo! Louis is very handsome, and Sebastian has always been a guilty pleasure favorite of mine!

Luca Bennett
I like Bennett more than Benjamin too (personal negative association). Luca is Italian, I think, and I love Italian names.

Nolan Arthur (?)
I don't love Nolan, but it's not bad. I really like Arthur as a middle. I'd personally look for another FN, but that's just me. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users