A few of my faves.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Laoise

Laoise

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Art, Religion, Photography, Baby Names, Music, Movies, Color, Design

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

Since I'm new, I figured I post a few of my favorite names and see what you all think.

girls:
Kerensa Willow
Cecily Violet
Beatrix Amelia
Dahlia Juliet
Evangeline Plum (I know Plum seems odd, but I think it's sweet and it's a middle name)

boys:
Jonas McLane (though the Jonas Brothers scare me a bit in regard to this. McLane is my maiden)
Ezra Phineas (though I might end up using Ezra Clark, Clark being a family name)
Abram Frederick
Saul Matthias
Gideon Micah

I'd love to know what you think, and I'm definitely open to other ideas/suggestions. I realize my names aren't everyone's cup of tea, so I won't be offended if you don't like 'em. :P

#2 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really love your style!
It's not exactly the same as mine, but lots of your names rank among my favorites, so I'd say they walk hand in hand.

Kerensa Willow- Now, Kerensa isn't my cup of tea. It is too strange for me, so I'd never use it, but it's odd more in positive way than not. I think I'd like the nickname Reni. Willow is very sweet, and I like the nature connotation.

Cecily Violet- Those are names I love to pieces. The combo screams romance & personality to me; it's my favourite of your names.

Beatrix Amelia- My very personal adversion for most X names leads me to prefer Beatrice, but I'm warming up to Beatrix as well. I adore the name. Amelia is not my favorite, but definitely elegant and prone to age very well. I think those names make a very well-balanced combo; it's my second favorite.
Thumbs up. Oh, and once again-- I'm smitten with the nickname Bea.

Dahlia Juliet- Dahlia is definitely up on my faves list. It is so unique and uncommon, but so feminine and sweet. Juliet is beautiful, too, but the combo may be too L heavy, depending on the last name.

Evangeline Plum : I'm not too fond of Plum, and I think the flow of the full name [with the last name] might end up to be a little off. But I really love Evangeline, as long as it is used as it is. It loses its elegance, and if it's got to be shortened, then I prefer Eve.

Order of preference: Cecily Violet, Beatrix Amelia, Dahlia Juliet, Evangeline Plum, Kerensa Willow.

boys:
Jonas McLane: I agree that with the band, the name might gain points in popularity & be considered trendy
I would use Jonah for two reasons besides the Jonas brothers scare: 1) Jonah sounds stronger and I like it more. 2) Jonas McLane sounds like an overload of last names, in my opinion.
But I really love Jonah. Maybe you could pair it with Clark, which is a family name of yours? Jonah Clark doesn't sound half bad.

Ezra Phineas: My favourite of your boy names. I adore Ezra, though I'm not sure I'd be so brave as to use it as a middle name. I've come up with a combo using it in the middle spot: Julian Ezra. I find it to be a handsome & uncommon name, very strong. Phineas is a fantastic alternative to Finn, which doesn't sound complete alone, and Finnegan, which sounds too long and too much surname-y. The flow is great, though maybe Ezra Phinean would be even better.

The last three first names are ones I probably wouldn't use myself, but I like them so much they might become guilty pleasures.

Abram Frederick: The old feeling makes Abram so cool! Maybe Frederick might be a little too much to pair it with, but nontheless, both names are handsome and sound quite good together.

Saul Matthias: Saul my least-favourite of your names, but I think Matthias is such a greater alternative to plain boring Matthew. It's a good combo, but the firt and final S kinda run into eachother.

Gideon Micah: Awesome combo. I've always loved Micah, but I've always been a little afraid it might sound feminine to some.
Gideon is a name I'm starting to like now, and it is indeed very strong. They complement each other very well, and the flow is one of the best you have.

Order of preference: Ezra Phineas, Gideon Micah, Abram Frederick, Saul Matthias, Jonas McLane.

I hope this helps a little bit. Good Luck! :P

#3 LC's_mommy_Kayra

LC's_mommy_Kayra

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

girls:
Kerensa Willow-Don't like Kerensa...Willow is okay.
Cecily Violet-I really like Cecily and Violet! It has a good flow also
Beatrix Amelia-I prefer Beatrice...Beatrice Amelia is cute. I think that Amelia Beatrix flows a little better
Dahlia Juliet-Dahlia is different. It's not that bad, Juliet flows lovely with it though
Evangeline Plum-I like Evangeline but I strongly dislike Plum.

boys:
Jonas McLane-Jonas reminds me of one of my teachers and the Jonas brothers, so thats a no. McLane has a special meaning so I like it
Ezra Phineas-Not a fan of either names, But I like Ezra Clark more
Abram Frederick-Don't like either name
Saul Matthias-Matthias Saul sounds better to me.
Gideon Micah-Dislike Gideon but I like Micah

#4 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

girls:
Kerensa Willow
Evangeline Plum

boys:
Jonas McLane << why not Jonah?
Ezra Phineas
Abram Frederick
Gideon Micah

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

Abram is one of my favorite names and Abram Frederick is nice. I also really like Ezra but I think Ezra Clark goes together better than Ezra Phineas. I also have the same feeling about Jonas. I really like the name but I dont like that it may be refered to the Jonas Brothers...but I have a feeling that they will blow over soon and not many people will connect the name to them. Jonas McLane is adorable. Though I'm not a big fan of Gideon, Gideon Micah flows very well together and I adore the name Micah. I really like your boys names.

Your girls names arent really my style, I like names that are feminine but not as frilly. That being said I think your names go together really well. Beatrix Amelia is my favorite of your names. I prefer Celia to Cecily but Cecily over Cecilia...I really like the name Violet :P Plum isn't that bad, and a short middle name with the first name Evangeline is a must.

#6 Laoise

Laoise

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Art, Religion, Photography, Baby Names, Music, Movies, Color, Design

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

Kerensa Willow- Now, Kerensa isn't my cup of tea. It is too strange for me, so I'd never use it, but it's odd more in positive way than not. I think I'd like the nickname Reni. Willow is very sweet, and I like the nature connotation.

Beatrix Amelia- My very personal adversion for most X names leads me to prefer Beatrice, but I'm warming up to Beatrix as well. I adore the name. Amelia is not my favorite, but definitely elegant and prone to age very well. I think those names make a very well-balanced combo; it's my second favorite.
Thumbs up. Oh, and once again-- I'm smitten with the nickname Bea.

Dahlia Juliet- Dahlia is definitely up on my faves list. It is so unique and uncommon, but so feminine and sweet. Juliet is beautiful, too, but the combo may be too L heavy, depending on the last name.

boys:
Jonas McLane: I agree that with the band, the name might gain points in popularity & be considered trendy
I would use Jonah for two reasons besides the Jonas brothers scare: 1) Jonah sounds stronger and I like it more. 2) Jonas McLane sounds like an overload of last names, in my opinion.
But I really love Jonah. Maybe you could pair it with Clark, which is a family name of yours? Jonah Clark doesn't sound half bad.

Saul Matthias: Saul my least-favourite of your names, but I think Matthias is such a greater alternative to plain boring Matthew. It's a good combo, but the firt and final S kinda run into eachother.

I hope this helps a little bit. Good Luck! :P

Thanks!!
As far as Kerensa goes, I will probably end up using the nic Kes or Kessa. She was considered a guilty pleasure for so long, but I loved her so much that one day I just decided I loved her enough to move her to the real list.
I used to prefer Beatrice as well. And every so often I still do, but a few months ago the name Beatrix just popped out at me and I fell in love.
Dahlia Juliet Beckman. Last name has no L's...does that help?

While I do like Jonah, Jonas has a more vintage feel to me and I love that. Plus it's an anagram of the name Jason which was my cousin's name who passed away from cancer a couple years ago.
I think that the meaning of Saul ("prayed for") is really what initially caused me to fall for the name.

#7 TessaRose

TessaRose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

Oh I really like most of your names!

Kerensa Willow- I too am not a fan of Kerensa, but I love Willow and Wilhelmina
Cecily Violet- so pretty!
Beatrix Amelia- I really like Beatrix too, it always reminds me of Beatrix Potter :P
Dahlia Juliet- gorgeous too
Evangeline Plum (I know Plum seems odd, but I think it's sweet and it's a middle name)- Evangeline is one of my favourite names, not too sure about Plum, cause it sort of makes me think of round/fat haha, i'll have to think about that one

boys:
Jonas McLane (though the Jonas Brothers scare me a bit in regard to this. McLane is my maiden)- I like Jonas too, but yeah i'd be worried about the Jonas Brothers
Ezra Phineas (though I might end up using Ezra Clark, Clark being a family name)- I really like Ezra, probably prefer Clark as a mn
Abram Frederick- Love Abram, not really a fan of Frederick though
Saul Matthias- not sure I like Saul, but I love Matthias
Gideon Micah- don't mind

#8 kristenmc

kristenmc

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:39 PM

though i wouldnt use most of these names, they are quite adorable(:
and with the whole jonas thing, i think jonas is super adorable.
i like it better than jonah, because it has an edgier feel to it, i believe.
(:

#9 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:36 PM

I agree 100% with everything that Nad just said. :P <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users