2 replies to this topic

#1 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm starting my writing class today, we have multiple stories/papers/small books to write a week and I know this site will be good for names! :)

The story I'm in the midst of writing now is about kids at high school at the beginning of World War III. It was a prompt, lol. I'll have to write two sequels. One during the war and one after/as it is ending. Seems like a bit of a boring story line, but I'm going to make it interesting.

My main character is a sophomore going to be named Ashton Peter Hall.

I need lots of help for my other characters!

Ashton has a little sister and two little brothers. An eighth grade girl, a sixth grade boy, and a second grade boy. Ashton is protective of them, especially during the war. The girl is pretty popular among her friends. She is very athletic. She isn't close to Ashton, until the war starts. I was thinking maybe Savannah, but I'm not sold. Maybe Savannah as the middle name. The sixth grade boy is outgoing and funny, hardly ever serious. He plays baseball and loves his big brother. The second grade boy is more shy, but very nice and loves to see people smile.

Mr. & Mrs. Hall (they die in the first "book") need names as well.

One of Ashton's best friend is James Edward "Jay" Parker II. The other one's last name is Ferguson. His personality is on the quieter side, but still friendly and during the war, he's very heroic.

Ashton, Jay, and ______'s female companions need names as well. They'll be a group of six core people, the three boys and three girls that will be love interests without going overboard romantic. I'd like a sportier name for one, a classic name for one, and a preppy name for one. The surnames should be Freeman, Crawford, and Gardener.

The male teacher who helps the students name as well. His last name is Carpenter. He's a teacher who loves his job. He's in in his mid-thirties and not a bad looking guy - even considered fairly handsome to some.

The "group" of six students take in a younger, freshman classmate at the end of the first book who becomes another almost main character in the second. He's an average boy, so he needs an average name. He doesn't fit in with the "in" crowd at school, but he isn't odd or strange. His last name should be Fisher or Bowman.

#2 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous. I can't take any creative writing classes or anything until the next few years because my school is stupid about these things <_<

Anyway, Ashton's name seems perfect. Some name ideas for the other characters (I'll list three for each for simplicity's sake and since there's so many):

Eighth grade girl - Savannah Grace Hall, Nicole Savannah Hall, Kayla Rachel Hall
Sixth grade boy - Noah James Hall, Joshua Thomas Hall, Jared Alexander Hall
Second grade boy - Logan Daniel Hall, Jonah Nicholas Hall, Ian William Hall

Mother: Maria Nicole Hall, Shauna Irene Hall, Anna Charlotte Hall
Father: Benjamin Peter Hall (Ashton could have gotten his middle name from his dad), John Frederick Hall, Warren Michael Hall

I love the nickname Jay for James ^_^
The other best friend - Elliot Jacob Ferguson, Thomas Mitchell (or Mitchell Thomas) Ferguson, Grant Theodore Ferguson

Female friends: Claire Penelope Freeman, Rebecca Marie Freeman, Julia Rose Freeman; Alexa Lynne Crawford, Sydney Katherine Crawford; Jamie Meredith Crawford; Abigail Georgia Gardener, Stella Cassidy Gardener, Elaina Sophie Gardener

Teacher: Stephen Jack Carpenter, Michael Philip Carpenter, Andrew Thomas Carpenter

Younger boy: Joseph Lee Bowman, Ryan Michael Fisher, Garrett John Bowman

I hope this is of some help to you! Happy writing! ;)

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous. I can't take any creative writing classes or anything until the next few years because my school is stupid about these things <_<

Anyway, Ashton's name seems perfect. Some name ideas for the other characters (I'll list three for each for simplicity's sake and since there's so many):

Eighth grade girl - Savannah Grace Hall, Nicole Savannah Hall, Kayla Rachel Hall
Sixth grade boy - Noah James Hall, Joshua Thomas Hall, Jared Alexander Hall
Second grade boy - Logan Daniel Hall, Jonah Nicholas Hall, Ian William Hall

Mother: Maria Nicole Hall, Shauna Irene Hall, Anna Charlotte Hall
Father: Benjamin Peter Hall (Ashton could have gotten his middle name from his dad), John Frederick Hall, Warren Michael Hall

I love the nickname Jay for James ^_^
The other best friend - Elliot Jacob Ferguson, Thomas Mitchell (or Mitchell Thomas) Ferguson, Grant Theodore Ferguson

Female friends: Claire Penelope Freeman, Rebecca Marie Freeman, Julia Rose Freeman; Alexa Lynne Crawford, Sydney Katherine Crawford; Jamie Meredith Crawford; Abigail Georgia Gardener, Stella Cassidy Gardener, Elaina Sophie Gardener

Teacher: Stephen Jack Carpenter, Michael Philip Carpenter, Andrew Thomas Carpenter

Younger boy: Joseph Lee Bowman, Ryan Michael Fisher, Garrett John Bowman

I hope this is of some help to you! Happy writing! ;)

Thank you x 10,000! :D You're the best!

I'm using Noah Jared Hall for the sixth grader an Charlie Ian Hall for the second grader. I still am unsure about his sister.
The mom will be Charlotte and the dad will be John.

One of the female friends will be Julia :)

I'm using Stephen Jack Carpenter for the teacher, it seems perfect.

I really appreciate the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users