12 replies to this topic

#1 chelseymiller

chelseymiller

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Which spelling do you prefer? and do you think this name is too overused now? My son's name is Russell Brian and his name is somewhat old fashioned and not used much now. Her middle name would be Maryann (family name).

#2 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

I think Lila Maryann is really pretty. I prefer the spelling Lila best and Lilah second best. I don't really like the spelling Lyla.

#3 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

Lyla or Lila. It's a very pretty name. I love it! :-)

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

I love Lila <3 It's on my list as a nickname for Liliana, but I feel like it's really pretty standalone as well.

#5 chelseymiller

chelseymiller

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

thanks! I really don't like Lyla either, but I wanted to see what others thought. I still am torn between Lila and Lilah. Do y'all think its too popular of a name now?

#6 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

I like the simplicity of Lila. It's popular, but still not super common. Lila Maryann has a nice flow.

#7 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

thanks! I really don't like Lyla either, but I wanted to see what others thought. I still am torn between Lila and Lilah. Do y'all think its too popular of a name now?

Don't think it's too popular at all. :)
I think the H on the end of Lilah is unnecessary, I like the more simple Lila :wub:

#8 chelseymiller

chelseymiller

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

thanks!! Now I just have to convince my husband. He's still very stuck on Julie, which was my late mother's name and I love it. But I want our child to have their own name. Mary was my grandmother's name and Ann was my mom's middle name, therefore Maryann as a middle name.

#9 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

thanks!! Now I just have to convince my husband. He's still very stuck on Julie, which was my late mother's name and I love it. But I want our child to have their own name. Mary was my grandmother's name and Ann was my mom's middle name, therefore Maryann as a middle name.

What about a compromise of a double middle name? Lila Maryann Julie, Lila Julie Maryann?

#10 chelseymiller

chelseymiller

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

I feel like that would be way too long. I'm trying to come up with some alternative first names for the middle name Maryann to try out on my husband. He's picky so it's going to be tough. I like Lydia and Lila, but I'm not partial to 'L' names, I just happen to pick those so far.

#11 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

I feel like that would be way too long. I'm trying to come up with some alternative first names for the middle name Maryann to try out on my husband. He's picky so it's going to be tough. I like Lydia and Lila, but I'm not partial to 'L' names, I just happen to pick those so far.

Hmm, Alternatives to Julie:
Claire Maryann
Jacqueline Maryann ("Jackie"?)
Natalie Maryann
Valerie Maryann
Liana Maryann
Sylvia Maryann ("Sylvie"?)
Jillian Maryann
Juliet /Juliette Maryann
Bridget Maryann
Violet Maryann
Estella Maryann
Esther Maryann
Kay Maryann
Hanna Maryann
Sophia Maryann
Cecilia Maryann
Nora Maryann
Clara Maryann
Cordelia Maryann ("Cora" or "Delia"?)
Isabel Maryann
Audra Maryann
Agnes Maryann
Margo Maryann
Marsha Maryann
Corabel Maryann
Aurora Maryann
Alexa Maryann
Helena Maryann
Charlotte Maryann ("Lottie"?)
Lorelei Maryann
Vera Maryann

#12 Taylortruelovecorbin

Taylortruelovecorbin

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

Lylah?

#13 aquablue09

aquablue09

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:I'm currently stocking up on the chocolate using the excuse I'm eating for two..... Second baby on the way, a little sister for my little girl Daroma Mae who is now one . And yes, I spoil her rotten.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Which spelling do you prefer? and do you think this name is too overused now? My son's name is Russell Brian and his name is somewhat old fashioned and not used much now. Her middle name would be Maryann (family name).

I think Lila is a lovely name, and it fits really well with Maryann. I like the spelling Lila best, it's classic and it'll avoid spelling mistakes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users