• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:42 AM

I'd love your opinions on some names I've been thinking about, please and thank you   :wub:

Jensen - I'm liking this one a boy, my only reservation being I'm struggling to find a good nick name. Nicknames are a must for all the names on my list  ^_^ I thought of Jay, which is alright. Jen alone feels too feminine. Ideas? 

Charles Wallace - I'm considering adding this combo onto my list. The character in A Wrinkle In Time is so lovable and sweet.. plus the names sound stellar together. Thoughts? Otherwise, I'm thinking of adding Wallace or Walker into my list alone. Charles is already on it <3 I adore the nick name Wally, as well. Archie and Wally  :wub:

Tobias - I have been teetering on the fence with this one for months now. Can someone sway me either way? Toby also teeters from super cute to eh some days. WDYT? 

Scarlett - I'm loving Scarlett so much lately! It's been on and off my list for years. My biggest problem, that always leads to me taking it off the list, is that I dislike the prominent ARE sound that would be shared between Archer and Scarlett. Almost a little too matchy? Regarless, Scarlett is such a sassy and sweet name. I'm considering having it as a middle name? Emilia Scarlett, Eden Scarlett, Gemma Scarlett? I also considered it as a first name, Scarlett Octavia, Scarlett Emily (Mike adores Emily), Scarlett Josephine, maybe Scarlett Eden. What do you think? I almost want to suggest Mabel Scarlett to Mike but I don't think he'd dig taking Riley out. Maybe Mabel Riley Scarlett? Not sure. 

Genevieve Primrose - I'm digging Genevieve nick name Neve a lot lately. I'm also adoring Primrose. I have it on my list as Primrose Adelaide, nickname Posy. I'm unsure if it'd just be a guilty pleasure though. I have had Genevieve Alana on my list for ages and I like it but... maybe this will spice it up a little. It matches the coolness of Archer Cohen Bear a little closer. 

#2 SelenaK

SelenaK

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy and historical fiction, archery, swimming and I love to cook!

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

Jensen-I adore Jensen too! It's a lovely name but I understand where you're coming from. Jensen is a form of John so you could maybe call him Jack? Or otherwise, I was thinking Sonny which would be a pretty cool nickname.

Charles Wallace- I think Charles is a classic and so cute with the nickname Charlie but I'm less keen on Wallace, sorry! Wallace just reminds me of Wallace and Gromit but I do like Walker and the nickname Wally which is adorable!

Tobias- I feel the same way as you. Sometimes I love it and sometimes all I can see is the word bias. But, I dislike the nickname Toby, it just sounds less handsome than Tobias alone.

Scarlett- I have mixed feelings about this name. For me, it sounds too harsh to be a first name though I love the potential nickname of Letty. I much prefer it as a middle name and love Emilia Scarlett and Mabel Scarlett. They both sound cute and sassy at the same time!

Genevieve Primrose- I like this name but I don't love it necessarily. I'm not keen on the nickname Neve but I love Primrose. I think Primrose Adelaide nn Posy is an adorable name and goes better with Archer Cohen Bear (edgy but cute name by the way)

Hopefully, I was able to help a little :) Good luck in making your choice! :D

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:22 PM

I love Jensen, Charles, and Tobias. Not a fan of Wallace, especially paired with Charles they feel so stiff together. Sorry! I do like Walker. Charles Walker would be nice. :)

I also love Scarlett and Genevieve Primrose!

I am swooning over Archer and Scarlett as a sibset-- personally I think it is adorable! I didn't think of it as matchy at all, and the repeating sound isn't that prominent imo.

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

Thanks, ladies! :) It's helping me sort through my thoughts  :wub:

I love the idea of the nick name Jack for Jensen.. it feels a little like a stretch but I like it anyway. I adore the name Jack, I have shied away for popularity reasons.. this'd be a nice way to get it in there. 

Wallace is pretty old and stuffy, I figured it might be less loved <3 I love Walker too, anyway. My only hesitation is it ends in -er like Archer does and I dislike matchy but it'd be worth it to get the nick name Wally :) 

I'm really growing on Scarlett.. maybe I will use it as a first name. It does have a more harsh sound but that sort of adds to the appeal to me, somehow. I'll see what Mike says before I try to sway myself, I suppose. 

#5 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:39 PM

Jensen - Cute, although not my favourite name. I like the previous suggestion of Jack as a nickname for it.

Charles Wallace - I love this combo. It has a timeless, classic feel to it. Archie and Sally is spur cute!

Tobias - I have a cousin named Toby, so I may be slightly biased, but I like it! Tobias is cute and spunky, and Toby is a lovely nickname.

Scarlett - I love Scarlett too, it's just so cute I can't seem to take it off my list despite it's popularity. I am a bit hesitant of Archer and Scarlett together because of the repeating ar sound, but they are cute together.

Genevieve Primrose - Adorable! I like the nn Neve for it, but I also like Evie as well. Primrose is cute, and it definitely spices up the combo.
  • Remy Hadley likes this

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:53 AM

That is my exact dilemma with Scarlett! I tend to shy away from popular names.. or, at least, keep them as guilty pleasures. The repeating ar sound bothers me too. Scarlett is just so beautiful though.. Gah. 

I like Evie as well for Genevieve, but there's something about Neve that gets me.  :wub: I'd likely use both nick names if I were to use Genevieve anyway. <3 It would be funny if I ever ended up using Genevieve given Archer's name likely would've been Eve/ Evie if he'd been a girl. Haha :) I'm glad he wasn't though, as Evie Carolyn just wasn't as cool of a name as Archer's name is  ;)

#7 .:alexandra:.

.:alexandra:.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:linguistics, psychology, books, conspiracy theories (within reason), equality, space/astrology, names

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:54 PM

I like Jensen and Scarlett

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jensen, Charles, Wallace, Tobias, Scarlett, Genevieve, Primrose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users