5 replies to this topic

#1 ladyfallen

ladyfallen

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:37 AM

Due in 3 weeks and not sure what to pick between these two possible names. Which name would you pick and why? 

Thanks

#2 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

I gave this a lot of thought.  And here is what I came up with:

Emily has a better flow.  Hands down.  But I would still choose Calista (which is lovely) and here is why...

1.  Emily is pretty common like Rose.  Calista has the edge here because it adds a little unique spin.

2.  Emily is very old fashioned.  Calista is more modern and matches the spunky vibe of Paige better

3.  Emily causes an unfortunate initials situation.  Not terrible but it's there and it doesn't happen with Calista.

4.  The book/movie named The Exorcism of Emily Rose was a movie about a possessed girl.

5.  Calista means beautiful and Emily means rival.  I would choose the meaning of Calista over Emily.

After saying all that I have to end with they are both great names!!!!  Really, you have no worries because both are very pretty.  I just wanted to make a clear case for one name over another.  Let us know what you choose!! :)

#3 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

I'm a little biased so I like the combo of Paige Emily Rose. I prefer Calliope to Calista. Calista reminds me of a really outdated name like Linda. Just doesn't seem fitting. But if you love it then go for it! Its your child! 

#4 ladyfallen

ladyfallen

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

Well Paige Calista Rose was born early on the 23rd of August 2014 :P, both me and bubs are doing great, thank you for helping us pick a name.

• Tasha1125 likes this

#5 Ribecka123

Ribecka123

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

Paige Emily is very pretty :)

#6 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member