#1 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

My sister just won a goldfish at our church's festival and she named him Michael Jackson. (She's become obessessed with him ever since he died. Go figure...)

My brother has two neon tetras whom he named Bigger and Smaller (:

We have a hamster named Lusco (we used to have two, Louie and Kusco, but then one died and we don't know which so we just combined their names to give to to the living one :D)

One of my teachers has two cats, Romeo and Juliet, and they had two kittens, Miko and Simba.

So what are some crazy pets names you have heard?

#2 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

Hmmm... My grandma had a cat named Boo Boo because they found him in an alley and owning him was an "accident".

That's all I can think of. :D

#3 Theater_Dad

Theater_Dad

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Acting, cell phones, singing, dancing, music making, rollercoasters,

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:05 PM

When I was living in Rochester, I had three cats. One was a singleton, and two were twins

P.S. This was still the time when Cats (the musical) was around.

Skimbleshanks nn. Skimby
Mungojerrie nn. Jerrie or Mungo
Rumpelteazer nn. Rumpie

#4 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

These aren't really crazy, but I think they're funny:

When I was younger, we had two birds (a boy and a girl) named Freddy and Frieda.

Then we had a dog who we named Gizmo, which is from the movie Gremlins. He got the name because he looked exactly like a gremlin, and because he was a terror.

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

Ive had a lot of pets growing up and some of their names are a bit crazy...

Btw...Boo Boo is a cute name for a pet, its what I call my doxie Boogie for a nn.

Ive had a cat named Reece-Cup
a fish named Stanley.
Dogs named...Grease-Trap & Septic-Tank (my mom's bf owned a septic tank company), Flossy-Mae, Hoss & Little Joe (my mom loves Bonanza), Oscar (someone left him at a trash dump), Augie, Cinderella

We named almost a whole litter of Bloodhound puppies after country music singers (their parents are Johnny "Dodger" Cash and June Carter Cash)...Trace (Trace Atkins), Conway (Conway Twitty), Dolly (Dolly Parton), Gretchen (Gretchen Wilson), Jackson (Alan Jackson), Paisley (Brad Paisley), Tammy (Tammy Wynette)....the few who weren't named for singers...Midget (the runt), Rizzo (after Grease), Bryant and Boone. And yep thats 11 puppies, there were originally 13 but two died after only a few days. And they all had to be bottle fed.

My two doxies now are Boogie and Tango but I love their names.

#6 AvalonEve

AvalonEve

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:36 PM

The weirdest names I had for my pets were Hao and Yoh. They were named after anime characters.

#7 *Becca1*

*Becca1*

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

I have my 4 husky/wolf puppies-
Polar Marshmellow
Frosty Storm
Oreo Blizzard
Iceus Howler
Toy poodle- Magic Kingdom & Velvadel Ros child
Buldogs named Bandizzle, Snicker(yes like the candybar lol), and Daisy duke
Cats- King George the IV, The Cougar, Tigger
Bird- very origanl Burt-tee
Fish- Carrot top, The Speckler, James Bond, Daytona 500
2 Puffer fish named Puff & Fur
4 hermit crabs- Ham, Cheese, Turkey, and Bread ( i was only 5 lol)
& 3 Gekos named Gieko and Speriment

#8 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:16 PM

lol, okay so mind you I've had A LOT of cats growing up, and quite a few dogs. not all of them are crazy but a few are; so here goes.

Dogs:
Bocephus (my mom loved Hank Williams Jr) we called him Bobo, we sadly had to put him down last March at age 15 :D he was a blond cocker spaniel.
Molly (dad calls her Molly McButter after some dog on and old fake butter commercial or something?) she's a red and white basset hound.
Wallee (yes mom really spelled it like that to be "unique") dad had always wanted a boy basset named Wally, but mom got him Molly, so she changed the spelling, basset.
Destiny (we call her Dee Dee) she is a black cocker spaniel. This way at the time we had all the "olly"'s and a Bobo and Deedee.
Polly (I did it :lol:) I wanted to keep the "olly" tradition going and mom gave me a choice between Dolly and Polly, So I chose Polly, basset hound.
Lucy is the princess of the house and one of our two "inside dogs". She is a mini dauchshund and is tan. After Lucille Ball "I Love Lucy"!
Jack is our dapple dauchshund and he is the biggest goofball I know! I named him after CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow :P

Cats: (THIS IS GOING TO BE LONG!)
Morris, after the cat on the old "MeowMix" commercial that sang, mom loved him and they looked alike, he thought he was a dog and even used the bathroom outside. I miss him!
Portia, mom named her. She looked like Morris but was a lot more rotten ;] She ran away sadly.
Ashley, I now feel this is too "human" for an animal, but I was in preschool and it was what I wanted to name her. We sadly lost her in our house fire, she got scared and ran off.
Penelope (We called her Nel or Nellie) twin to Ashley, she stuck around but died of old age. They were gorgeous.
Luna (If any of you know what Sailor Moon is, you'll understand) when I was younger I was obsessed with Sailor Moon and she had a crescent moon shaped white spot on her neck and I thought it only fit perfectly.
Fat Boy, we got him for a few weeks before giving him to friends because some lady needed to get rid of him because he hated her newborn son, so he had to go she said. He was GORGEOUS, pure white persian with bright blue eyes.
Pascal, she was a stray we found (again mom named her) but somebody had purposely beat her and they said she needed to be put down, I cried for hours.
Sherbert, called him Bert. He was part of a litter me and my friend Jessica found, she took two and I took two. He was so cute and friendly, ran away though, too much wild in him.
Reece (pronounced Ree-see) she was Bert's little sister and was the cutest calico ever, she was gray white and peach instead of black, white, and orange! She got out with Bert :/
Sadie, one of the two cats I have now. She is my little smiley face because on her belly is a white "smile" and I love it. She's all black except for that part.
J.R. (jay-are, not junior) He is technically named after Bert because he acts just like him, but he is all black, no white at all. He's so sweet. He's the other kitty I have now. we originally thought him and Sadie were both girls so for the first month I had him he was "Sally", makes me laugh now.

Guinea Pigs:
Jetta, she was my little joy, I loved her and she was spunky. I named her after a Jeta car, but didn't like that spelling. Sadly she got pneumonia and died.
Beebee/Baby, it depended on who was talking to her. It was supposed to be Bubbles but mom didn't like that so I started calling her Baby and mom and dad changed it to Beebee, she got pneumonia when Jetta did and I lost her too. So upsetting, I loved them.

Wow that was long, LOL.

#9 Guest_~*Jacey*~_*

Guest_~*Jacey*~_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:28 PM

When I was living in Rochester, I had three cats. One was a singleton, and two were twins

P.S. This was still the time when Cats (the musical) was around.

Skimbleshanks nn. Skimby
Mungojerrie nn. Jerrie or Mungo
Rumpelteazer nn. Rumpie

My friend Gavin named his two cats Mungojerrie(RIP) and Rumpelteaser!

#10 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:22 PM

Oh boy! Here are mine:

Cats:
Katalina (aka Lina)- She was a beautiful calico cat. She loved my dad, but HATED me and my brother. I actually got to hold her right before she died.

Tigger- This was the first cat I really bonded with. I got to name her! She was grey and had black stripes. She was very gentle and loving. I used to dress her up and tote her around in doll strollers. She died of some disease. :D

O'Malley- He was my second cat. He was orange and he reminded me of the cat from the Aristocats. He was VERY loving!! He died after my horse stomped on him :P

Thomas- This was my brother's cat. He was O'Malley's brother. He was really loving too! He ran away.

Duke- He is one of our current cats. He is huge, and my brother is infatuated with the Dukes of Hazzard. He is Black with white stripes.

Daysi- This is Duke's sister. My brother also named her. She is super cute...she is a calico with a heart on her forehead.

Dogs:
Jasper- My parents had this dog was I was born. He was so little! He was black and white.

Beau- This is Nathan's dog. He also likes Dukes of Hazzard. He is a german shepard.

Luke- Bo's brother. Also a german shepard. Luke has a slash on his back...it's kinda neat!

Maggie (aka Maggie Jane)- This is my current dog. She is a german shepard/husky mix...she has 2 different eyes. She has the BEST personality!!

Horses:
TJ (aka Thunder Jam)- This was my first horse! He was brown, and he was so gentle.

Magdalena (Mags)- She was my second horse. She was VERY high strung. Mags was white, and was very beautiful!She had an abusive past :lol:

Jazzi- This was my last show horse. He was odd...he had one brown eye and one blue eye. He was a paint horse. He was also very high strung, but that's good for a gaming horse! :D

Hope- My last horse. She was our gentle giant. She was HUGE. We used to give adults "pony rides" on her at fairs and other events. She had such a gentle disposition. Hope was chestnut.

General Lee (aka General)- This is Nathan's horse. He loves riding him when he gets the chance. He is a paint horse.

That was really long!

#11 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

My friends have two frogs: Flip and Flop
They also have a guinea pig who used to be named: Sweetie; until they realised that it was a boy...Sweetie became Buddy
They also had a hamster named Jumper, but he couldn't walk. :D

#12 Paige Ann Welch

Paige Ann Welch

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:I love finding the meaning of baby names to see if it fits the person.

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:31 AM

Mine have human names
my dog's name is Gabrielle "Gabby". She's half chihuahua and half daschund.We orginally named her Dazy b/c she looks dazed when we first got her. We changed to Gabby b/c she loves to talk!
my cat's name is Chasten "Chase". He's a Russian Blue. We named him this b/c we have to chase him a lot.

#13 Heather Leigh

Heather Leigh

Superstar Baby Namer

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

Cats I've had:

Shadow, Soleil, Scarlett, Brier, Devin, Forrest, Tigger & Snowball. Shadow & Snowball were already named when I adopted them, but I picked the rest of the names.

Dogs:

Chief - My stepdad was a firefighter and named him that because it made him think of a fire chief.
Mingus - My hubby's dog. He named him after the jazz musician, Charles Mingus.

I think one of the funniest pet names I've heard is my pastor's cat: Violet Lightning Thunder His daughter picked the name. The funniest part is the cat is a boy.

We also have friends with a black lab named Ducati, after the motorcycle.

#14 Rosie&Scott

Rosie&Scott

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:36 PM

Currently we have a cat called Muppet, he's a sweetheart if a little dopey.

When I was growing up we had a King Charles Spaniel called Bumble because he ate bumble bees!

We have fish as well but their names constantly change, the poor things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users