52 replies to this topic

#21 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:37 PM

The funny thing is, I would love to have a unisex name (Jordan, Eden, Taryn) but would NEVER EVER EVER EVER name my daughter that! lol

#22 _Nikkay_

_Nikkay_

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:00 PM

I'm like that, too! Like I can see myself as a Hillary or Christina because I think I look like that and I kinda like the names on me but I'd never use them for my daughter.

#23 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

You do look like a Hillary or Christina!! But I like you best as Nikki! :wub:

#24 _Nikkay_

_Nikkay_

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:24 PM

Haha, thanks!
I think I look best as a Nikki, too!:]

#25 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

I completly agree!

#26 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

Not sure why, but I adore Aubs for Aubrey! I can see a kid growing up with that and it sticking well :wub: I dunno, a teen called Aubs sounds pretty normal, sounds peppy and sweet to me- not just little girlish :)

I do think Brea is cute! And it'd sound really sweet :) But, for whatever reason, I don't like how different it sounds from Aubrey. I think it sounds more like its own name, like a full name than a nick name.

Though, I guess I have a personal thing where I like nick names to be fairly obvious. Such as Kate from Katherine, June or Junebug from Juniper, Liam from William, Nik from Nikolai, etc. Maybe it's just a personal style thing lol. I dunno, it makes sense in my head!

Ignore my ramblings if you don't wanna hear anything negative! :D I do think that Aubrey is absolutely gorgeous, I am undecided on whether I love Aubrey or Audrey more, but oh well :o And I'm sure whatever nick name you decide to call her will fit perfectly! Either way, I'm sure she'll find the her name to be gorgeous. Can't go wrong with Aubrey! <3

#27 _Nikkay_

_Nikkay_

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

For some reason, I can only pictures Aubs on a little kid like from newborn to maybe 8 or 9, idk why! I like Brea, a lot but I was thinking the same thing. Just like how I was worried about Aby not sounding close enough to Aubrey, I dont really think Brea sounds that close either.

Really, the only obvious nickname I can come up with is Bre and even that doesnt sound like a nickname to me, I think because its at the end of Aubrey instead of the begining and if theres a nickname it should start with A like her first name would. Idk If anyone else thinks that or just me! Maybe I'm crazy. Lol (I dont even know if any of that made sense but I worry about little things like that :))

Maybe it'd be best to just stick with Aubs! I think Aubrey is such a beautiful name anyway, it doesnt really need a nickname, I just thought it'd be cute to call her something else once in a while and I only made this topic to get some rough ideas. Ohhh wellll! If she wants a nickname, I'll let her decide when shes older what she wants it to be! No sense in worrying about it now! (Plus, maybe I'm having a boy and I'm overthinking this for no reason! :wub: )

& Yay! I'm glad people like Aubrey! When I told people from school the name I got a couple negative responses.
Buuuut I'm sticking with it! :] I think its adorable. (obv) :)

#28 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

Haha, I'm glad your sticking with the name you love! :) it really is such a gorgeous name, I'm sure your little one will love it if it's a girl :D but I guess if you call her Aubs while she's little, until she's about eight, around that time she'd be old enough to chose a nick name anyways :)

I agree, most nicknames make the most sense when they begin with the same letter as the name! I do have a few exceptions personally, like William nick name Liam just makes sense to me for whatever reason, but especially names like Lorelai nick name Rory- I don't understand! :P

#29 _Nikkay_

_Nikkay_

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

I'm sure she'll love it too. - & if she doesnt thats where the nicknames come in! Lol. I would loved to be named Aubrey.

I agree with William nn Liam that one just sounds right. Such a cute nn, too! & I dont get Lorelai nn Rory either! Theres no ror sound in Lorelai for Rory to be a nn, I'd probably use Lori or something! Theres also this girl at my school named Ashley but she goes by Summer, I didnt even know Ashley was her real name until I saw it in the yearbook - but theres no connection at all so I dont get that one!

#30 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

Personally, Brie or Brea are my favourite nicknames for Aubrey. And I agree with Remy about "Aubs".
I think Brea is much closer to Aubrey than Aby is!!
I really dislike Aby as a nickname for a name other than Abigail. It just seems like a name on it's own.

In fact, so does Brea..
I think my problem is the idea that Aubrey is two syllables. So are all of the nicknames you've picked out.
So they don't seem like nicknames, because they don't make the name any shorter.

Sorry, I'm pretty much just babbling now!

#31 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:43 AM

I see what your saying Yas! And I think that's what I was thinking as well! Cause nick names are usually shorter than the name itself :)

I'm not one to talk about nick names relating to the actual name though :x most people call me by Remy, which really isn't anything close to my real name lol! Though I do have reasoning behind it- seeing as I really dislike my name. But.... <3 I wouldnt name my own kid and give it a nick name not close to their name lol! :) but that's funny! Cause Summer has nothing to do with Ashley, just as Remy had nothing to do with my name <3 and it makes me laugh when people don't realize it's not my real name! And some people still don't know... <3

#32 _Nikkay_

_Nikkay_

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

Hmm. I didnt think about that before. The whole 2 syllable thing. I think I liked Brea & Aby because they were shorter than Aubrey so they seemed like nicknames to me.. That would make a lot of sense though! Lol. I feel kind of dumb now, it would make sense to have the nickname be less syllables then Aubrey is.

Lol. Remy's a cute name! I've never known anyone with it before. I guess I can understand changing your name to something completely different if you dont like it at all, like in your case or in Summer/Ashley's case! Haha. I'd probably do the same thing.

#33 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:17 PM

Thanks! I like Remy as well :) I think that's what I'm going to change my name to when I turn 18. I dislike my real name a lot... :x

Mmm, Aby also makes me think of Abigail and Abigail only :) But haha, who knows! Maybe she'll just like her name :D Calling her sweetie pie is cute as well! Like, Cutie pie, sweetie pie, Little Bear, Aubie-Bug would be so cute! :P

~ Haddie

#34 _Nikkay_

_Nikkay_

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

You look like a Remy from your picture. It suits you well! :)

aw. I didnt think of those kind of nicknames. Aubie-Bug is so cute! I love it.
Watch me have a boy & then not get to use any of the nicknames! Ha.
Theres not really any cute nn's for Hunter besides Huntie. & I'm not too keen on that!

#35 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

One of my best friends is named Seth (twin - Jared) They call Seth, Settie (Ok, yeah, they are 13...... lol) and call Jared either Jared or Pie Man........ ok...... lol

#36 _Nikkay_

_Nikkay_

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:26 PM

Pie man? Lol. I'm guessing he loves pie!
Settie is kinda cute. I might use that if it was Seth Hunter instead of Seth being his middle name.

#37 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

I think he must! lol. What are you going to do if when Hunter/Aubrey arrives, they don't look like a Hunter/Aubrey....?

#38 _Nikkay_

_Nikkay_

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

I've definitely been thinking about that. I'm set on alternative names being Chandler James & Brooke Arianna or Arianna Brooke. & plus I still have a whole list of names that I've had since I first started thinking up names so if in an extreme case where they dont look like a Hunter, Aubrey, Chandler, Brooke or Arianna, Lol (which I dont think will happen) then I'll choose one of those names.

#39 -TebowTime-

-TebowTime-

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

Oh ok. I love Chandler James :)

#40 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

Aby works, but I definitely prefer Bre/Brie as a nickname.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users