11 replies to this topic

#1 JENN2688

JENN2688

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:32 AM

Bristol Palin, the daughter of former Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, gave birth on Saturday to a baby boy named Tripp Easton Mitchell. The baby was born in Alaska and weighed seven pounds, seven ounces. A relative confirmed the news, saying ”the baby is fine and Bristol is doing well” and “everyone is excited.”

Tripp is the first child for Bristol and her fiance, Levi Johnston. The two plan to wed next year.

So what do you all think of the name?

#2 bebeeg

bebeeg

Administrator

• Community Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:45 AM

I like the Easton Mitchell part even though I am not usually a fan of double middle names. Not sure what I think about Tripp though.

#3 Karin Marie

Karin Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:My Husband & Daughters, Being a Mom,Reading, Baby Names, Hello Kitty, Anything Cupcakes & Strawberries, SAHM, Animals, Nature, Writing Poetry, Reading Poetry, Music, Cooking/Baking, etc

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

Oh my goodness! She gets naming from her mama! :D I don't like Tripp @ all it's like Did you have a nice Tripp see you nest fall! lol poor kid! =( I love Easton Mitchell! So his full name is Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnson? His initals are TEMJ!

#4 Raena

Raena

Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

I was shocked... :D I really thought that growing up in a family with names like Bristol, Track, and Trig...she'd name her baby something a little more normal. But I do like Easton Mitchell. That has a nice ring to it. Maybe when he gets older, he'll drop the Tripp and go by Easton. That's his best bet.

Speaking of initials, isn't TMJ like a form of lock jaw? Just curious.

#5 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:50 PM

Actually TMJ is when the tissue between the jaw bones wears away (usually from trauma). This causes a bone on bone rubbing causing the jaw to "click" or "pop" when opened, or when yawning. It can be really painful, depending on how bad the tissue wearing is. I acutally have TMJ. I have it really bad...I fell off of my horse and hit the side of my head on a boulder thing.

Anyway, about the name I like the Easton Mitchell part but Tripp I'm not so fond of. I think Trigg is a little better, but that's her brother's name...oh well! :)

#6 Alli

Alli

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

I just read that Bristol & Levi broke up. Maybe she'll think of giving the baby her last name? Making his initials TEMP. ;) Temporary Tripp.

#7 Elena

Elena

Junior Baby Namer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:My kids and my husband. I'm also a French teacher and I love it.

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

Oh dear, and my mother criticized me for naming my daughter America.
The Easton Mitchell part is cute.

#8 Jessica J

Jessica J

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Worship, singing, writing songs, being with friends and loved ones, reading, and watching movies.

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

I don't think that it sounds bad. It's just the name it's self doesn't have a very pleasant meaning. I like the name Ace though. Not so bad. Easton is cute. Not a fan of Mitchell. Good luck to them.

#9 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

I like Easton Mitchell but not tripp. And I really love Bristol. It's really pretty

#10 iamSAMiam

iamSAMiam

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

I like Bristol as well... but I definetly am not fond of Tripp OR double middle names (unless it's for religious reasons)...

#11 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

Very true Sam. The double middle thing is certainly not my prefrance but whatever.

#12 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

I really disliked the name Tripp.
I hope they call him by his second middle name; Easton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users