• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Verkaiking83

Verkaiking83

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

So, I'm writing a story about a color guard (for those of you who don't know what it is, it's the people in the marching band with the flags/rifles/sabres/other props) and I am trying to come up with names for the girls as well as their technician, sponsor, etc. I still need names for the band director(s), drum major(s), other band kids,etc. but that can come later.

So far, for the West Oak Senior High School "Warrior Guard", we have...

Rebekah Claire Eden

Ivy Jade Monroe (Caroline's older sister)

Aria Rose Clark

Eva Madeline Thomas 

Kennedy Faye Thompson

Caroline Elizabeth Monroe (Ivy's younger sister)

Paisley Autumn McIntire

Libby Jane Walker

Cora Blythe Myers

Lindsay Marie Davis

Sydney Theresa Martin

Keira Elaine Sedgwick (nn Poppy)

Remi Sabine Iver

Sarah Noelle Adams

Daphne Abigail Smith (nn Boo)

Rachel Joy Lovell

Technician: Rachel Joy Devensey

Sponsor: Mrs. Thatcher (really haven't come up with a first/middle name yet but need an older name with a short nickname)

Yes, Rachel Joy is there two times on purpose.

I'm not quite sure how Keira and Daphne will get their nicknames but usually guards come up with nicknames for squad shirts so I know I want those to be their nicknames (not just for the shirts but all the time) but IDK how that will work out.

I want there to be a variety of names, some average, plain, everyday names (ie: Sarah Noelle Adams) and some that are rather modern (ie: Remi Sabine Iver, who will either be an exchange student or have French parents). 

WDYT of these combinations? Feel free to mix and match the first/middle/last names. The exceptions are that Remi Sabine stays as a pair and I'd really like Daphne and Keira's full names to remain unchanged. I'm also fairly certain about Rebekah, Eva, Ivy, and Caroline's names.

#2 Tubby Cat

Tubby Cat

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Writing and be creative

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

OMG your my hero/ my sister's also she going into color guard this year and I'm in marching band I think it's awesome you want to write about these experiences. I have a few suggestions, but also some questions:
1. Eleanor Georgina Thatcher (nn Ellie)
2. Approximately How many winds?
3. Some wind player names I have already:
Jonah Carson Short
Martin Luther Bailey
Alessandra Maria Ortega
Addison Sofia Williams Erica's twin sister
Erica Belle Williams (Drum major) Addison's twin sister
Matteo Westley Harrison
Kayla Amilia Alexander
Emmett Albert Crites (Drum major)
Terry DeShaun Wilson
Reagan Drake Hamilton
4 band directors:
Brandon Henry McLewis music director
Jayden Donald Parrish visual director

#3 Verkaiking83

Verkaiking83

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

I really don't know how many winds players I want. I obviously can't write too terribly in depth about each band member (the focal point of my story is actually the guard) but I know I want about 120ish people total. They don't all have to have names but I'd like the majority of them to have names, even if I just casually mention a person once or twice during a conversation.

I sort of like the name for Mrs.Thatcher, but the nn Ellie doesn't quite fit the personality (nor the age) of the character. I like Georgina, though. It's a cool name.

I had some names I was thinking of using for drum majors, but I think Erica Belle Williams is really pretty. I'll definitely try to incorporate that name into the story somehow, even if it's not for a drum major.

Thanks for all your suggestions, and best of luck to you and your sister this season! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users