4 replies to this topic

#1 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

So I'm brainstorming names for my first niece :) My brother Callen and his wife are having a girl, and these are the names they are really liking:

Mirabel
Mallory
Audra
Ainsley

They are wanting double middle names and one of the middle names to be Addison since I'm Callen's only sister. Also, she is wanting to sort of "surprise" Callen with the second middle name being after him. Surprise meaning she's going to suggest it a month or so before the baby is born.

Callen Edward James is his full name. She doesn't like Callie, btw, or anything really related to it (Calliope, etc).

They need combos, and I know they'd love any help you can give!!

On another note, I've been loooving unisex names for boys lately <3 Maybe it's cause two of my guy best friends are Morgan, Blair, and Aubrey, lol & the other one is Ryan and they use that for girls these days, too

Some of my favorites: (in no order, but bolded are on my list)
Ashton
Darby
Teagan
Rory (I have Nehemiah Rory Daniel)
London
Briley
Brooklyn (and around the house, he'd be nicknamed Brooks)
Shiloh (only as a guilty pleasure)
Hatley (love but wouldn't use because I love Hadley for girls)
Skyler (not totally sold, but I do think it's super cute)
Quincy (can't see myself using it, but I just think it's so cute! Same with Clancy)
Valentine (adorable but would NEVER use it)

Thoughts? Combo ideas? Especially for the bolded ones!

Thanks!

-Addison

#2 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

(bump?)

#3 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Clancy is my cat's name! How cute...

Mirabel Cathrine is cool. Caddy can be a nn for Cathrine and honors both you and your brother, plus it uses a name from their list.

???
  • Addison likes this

#4 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

Okay, I'll start this post with advice for your niece's name.

Since your sister-in-law doesn't want to use anything similar to Callen, my first thought was to honor him with Jane as a female substitute for James. Since a lot of the names on their list have three syllables like Addison does, I think it might balance out the name well to have the first name followed by Jane and then Addison, like so:

Mirabel Jane Addison
Mallory Jane Addison

Also, I think Addison sounds better when it's paired with the first names starting with M (Mirabel and Mallory). When Audra and Ainsley are paired with Addison, it becomes a little too A heavy.

However, do you think your sister-in-law and brother would be willing to use Madison to honor your name Addison? Because then you could have:

Audra Jane Madison
Ainsley Madison Jane

The reason I put Madison before Jane for Ainsley is that the Ay sound in Ainsley sounds too rhymey with the Ay sound in Jane.

Edward is tougher to honor. Maybe you could suggest they use Edith?

Mirabel Edith Addison?

Or you could also suggest they use Adeline, Adelaide, Adalyn, etc. as an alternative form of Addison.

Hope this helps! I'll make a second post for the names on your list.

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Okay, I'll start this post with advice for your niece's name.

Since your sister-in-law doesn't want to use anything similar to Callen, my first thought was to honor him with Jane as a female substitute for James. Since a lot of the names on their list have three syllables like Addison does, I think it might balance out the name well to have the first name followed by Jane and then Addison, like so:

Mirabel Jane Addison
Mallory Jane Addison

Also, I think Addison sounds better when it's paired with the first names starting with M (Mirabel and Mallory). When Audra and Ainsley are paired with Addison, it becomes a little too A heavy.

However, do you think your sister-in-law and brother would be willing to use Madison to honor your name Addison? Because then you could have:

Audra Jane Madison
Ainsley Madison Jane

The reason I put Madison before Jane for Ainsley is that the Ay sound in Ainsley sounds too rhymey with the Ay sound in Jane.

Edward is tougher to honor. Maybe you could suggest they use Edith?

Mirabel Edith Addison?

Or you could also suggest they use Adeline, Adelaide, Adalyn, etc. as an alternative form of Addison.

Hope this helps! I'll make a second post for the names on your list.

Thank you sooo much! I'll suggest those to them.

I like Adeline much more than Addison and My sister-in-law and I have been trying to convince Callen to use it but he's pretty insistent on Addison. His wife, Olivia, also really wants Adelaide. He said he'd be fine with Addlee or Addley (like rhyming with Hadley), though.

I love Jane! It was on my list for a looonnng time.

I've been leaning towards Mirabel, but I really like Ainsley, too. Guess it doesn't really matter a whole lot what I think, thiugh, because it's not my baby, haha ;) Ainsley Addison Mae is Callen's top choice at the moment, and Olivia's is Mallory Jasmine Addlee. (Jasmine after James).

Like I said, thank you very much! You were a big help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users