• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,673 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

So, I've really been crushing on the name Edie recently. I think it's just adorable for a little girl. The only problem is, I don't think it's really usable as a standalone name, and the only names I know it as a nickname for are Eden (which is okay, but not really a favorite of mine) and Edith (which I can only see on old ladies and Downton Abbey characters, but not so much on a present day little girl). So my question is: Can you girls think of any other names that Edie could be used as a nickname for? I'm just curious to see what you can all come up with.

#2 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:13 PM

Hmmm....

Edalene
Edana
Edeen
Edel
Edlyn
Edna
Edra
Edreanna
Edrina
Edris
Edzelle

Some are out there, but I found them in my baby name book. Some I thought were cute. Hope I helped! ;)

#3 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,673 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:45 PM

Thanks! Edra and Edrina are interesting. There actually used to be an older lady at my church named Edria, which I always thought was kind of pretty, and I hadn't thought of her name until I read your comment. So there's another name to consider. Thanks again for your input!

#4 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

I thought Edrina was cute too! Edria is also very pretty. Your welcome, and good luck :)

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

Edie is great, I've been crushing on it, too! I know an Eda. 

Also:

Enid

Andromeda

Veda

Edalie (ee-duh-lee)

Edalia (ee-doll-yuh)

Or, anything with the initals E.D.

#6 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Addison! I was trying to think of names that had -ed somewhere in them, but didn't necessarily start with -ed. Andromeda is a really good suggestion. I also like Edalie. I've never seen it before, but it's very pretty. 

#7 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:09 PM

I was trying to think of names that had -ed somewhere in them, but didn't necessarily start with -ed.

You are welcome! For more suggestions, go on Nameberry and click the green "Find A Name" tab on the top right. Click girls and then under the "contains" blank put ed. :)

#8 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

I'll try that out. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

#9 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

I had a huge crush on Edie for a while. I came across Edingale and Edith spelled Edythe which isn't a NEW spelling but actually a very old one which to me seemed a bit more modern and wearable. 

#10 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

I had a huge crush on Edie for a while. I came across Edingale and Edith spelled Edythe which isn't a NEW spelling but actually a very old one which to me seemed a bit more modern and wearable. 

Ooh, I like Edingale a lot! It's pretty and magical-sounding. It makes me think of medieval legends, for some reason. 

#11 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

By the way, what do you ladies think of Edie as a nickname for Elodie? I know it's just taking out to letters, but I think it could work.

#12 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

I think it would work just fine. Elodie is super cute and the nn would add strength to the name. I like it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users