Photo

My boys list - opinions?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Boys names 1-4-14 (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Which names can you see as a brother for Archer Cohen Bear?

1. Brody Everett (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Everett Noah "Ev" or "Rhett" (9 votes [22.50%])

Percentage of vote: 22.50%

3. Levi Connor (8 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Theo Greyson (6 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

5. Leonidas Grey "Leo" (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

6. Zaccheus Noah "Zack" (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

7. Nico Graham (3 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

8. Milo Everett (6 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

I'm working on my boys names list and I'm really happy with what I've got :) I'd love some opinions on these selections! If there are any you dislike, why? Any suggestions to replace disliked names? Similar names, or even random suggestions. I'm not really sticking to a style, just anything I see that I happen to like. 

My only requirement is that they match with my little misters name, Archer Cohen Bear. We wont be using another double barreled name for any future children. As much as I personally like them, Mike really isn't a fan. He only agreed because Bear has a lot of meaning to me. 

#2 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

I really love all of your names! The first name on your list, Brody Everett, is the one that popped out the most for siblings for Archer. I think they both are similar and Brody is such a sweet, handsome name. I also chose Milo Everett and Levi Connor. These both fit the style of Archer and Brody, in my opinion. Brody and Milo are also on my list, as well as Cohen.

Leonidas is a lovely name, especially with the nickname Leo. However, I'm not sure if it fits well with Archer. And I'm not positive about the middle name Grey. Leonidas Grey is nice, but for some reason, the S sound at the end of Leonidas runs in a bit awkwardly with Grey. When I say the name together, I have to pause between the first and middle name. I think you have the right idea with choosing a one-syllable name, though. Maybe Leonidas Cain??

I don't dislike any of the names, but if I had to eliminate one, I would eliminate Nico Graham. I love Nico, but only as a nickname. I don't usually like nicknames as full names. But Nicholas or Nicolai Graham would be nice.

How do you pronounce Zaccheus?

#3 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

I think most of your names sound great with Archer's!  I especially love Milo Everett, Everett Noah, Levi Connor, and Theo Greyson.

I have to say that I think Archer and Leo makes an adorable sibset.  Leonidas, however, I find a little too elaborate.  To me, Archer is a strong, down-to-earth name that doesn't really fit with Leonidas.  But again, I think Leo on its own would be really cute with Archer.

Zame with Zaccheus... I think Zachary would compliment Archer better.

Otherwise, I really like the names you have on your list!

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

I'm thinking Brody Everett is currently my favorite, even though I'm loving Everett as a first name as well :) I think thats my only hold back, I adore the combo Brody Everett but I like the idea of Everett first too.

I can see what you mean with Leonidas being too different a style from Archer.. I love Leo, but I don't care for it alone. But I dont like Leon and Leonardo doesn't feel right either.. What about Lionel? Would Archer and Lionel work nicely together?

Zaccheus is pronounced zack-EE-us, its a biblical name :) Its actually a fairly popular new testament character for those familiar with the bible, a short guy who wanted to see Jesus but was stuck behind a crowd so climbed a tree and such. Its a cute story I learned in early childhood and has a cute song to it too :) I'm not really religious so idk if that makes it weird for me to use it... hmm.

#5 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Everrett, Theo, and Levi are my faves :)

#6 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

Archer and Greyson or Archer and Silas. <3

#7 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

Archer and Milo is SO adorable and uber handsome! I especially love the middle name Everett paired with Milo!  :wub:

#8 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

Archer and Everett or Archer and Milo are my favourites. Brody is nice, but it's not my style, and I don't care for the sound and feel of the name.

#9 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Thanks so much, everyone!  :wub: I love hearing your opinions, helps me fine tune my list quite a lot <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users