2 replies to this topic

#1 toydog16r

toydog16r

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:09 AM

My story is a short one which features around a character in present-day who is holding a discussion with her adoptive father about her deceased mother and her absentee "Sperm donor" father. Her father does a monologue about her mother who was an underground musician by the name of Krystal Thunder, whom died after giving birth to her due to complications because of a heroin addiction.

The problem is my naming of the characters?

The proper father's name is Julian Leannan whilst the man she counts as a father's name is Paul McGear

but i'm struggling with names for the daughter and the mother's proper name... could someone help me?

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

Do you want the mother's name to be similar to Krystal Thunder? Can she have the same first name and a different last name or do you want something completely different?

Krystal/Chrystal/Christine/Kristine/Kristen/Krista/Kristina/Christy/Crissy/Cissy

I think Crissy or Christy would be a good choice because it is a similar name and Krystal would be a more hip/grown up improvement on the name to use as a stage name.

Last name suggestions...Dennis, Danes, Jones, Jacobs, Roberts, Glass, Towns, Hollis, Wells
I think something common and bland would work...nothing that would work for a show biz name (otherwise why would she need a stage name)

Names for daughter/main character. (Since the mother picked a stage name like Krystal Thunder I'm assuming she is a bit of a hippy) So....

Flower names...Violet, Iris, Ivy, Sunny, Lily, Rose, Jasmine, Poppy, Holly
Stones.... Amethyst, Diamond, Opal, Jade, Ruby
Earthy names....Sage, Skye, River, Lake, Stormy, Starr, Cloud

#3 Juliet

Juliet

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Too many to count. Waaaaay too many to count.

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

By the way, very smart with the Beatles names-- Mike McGear and Julian Lennon... Clever.... From one Beatles fan to another, I'd reccomend Cynthia Davies for the mother's name, and either Joan, Sadie, Lucy, or Jude for the girl. Hey... If you're doing Beatles names, go all the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users