3 replies to this topic

#1 misshaleyxo

misshaleyxo

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

I have a massive list for girls names, and thanks to a number of things, I don't actually love any of them. If you have any favourites on my list, please tell me why you love them? Hopefully some positive reinforcement will help :-) 

Marilla
Iris
Eleanor
Isabelle
Rosamund
Evelyn
Ariana
Dorothea
Edith 
Frances
Henrietta
Ella 
Margaret
Violet
Beatrice
Florence
Ethel
Agnes
Mabel
Clara 
Josephine
Minerva
Maude
Priscilla
Augusta
Eulalie/Eulalia
Delphinia/Delphine
Isadora
Araminta
Zenobia
Isadora
Fiorella
Dorothy
Millicent (Millie)
Constance
Adelaide
Pearl
Olive
Alice
Catherine

#2 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

While I like many of the names on your list, I selected the following five as my favorites:

Iris
Evelyn
Clara 
Alice
Catherine

Iris, to me, is a fresh new floral name in the midst of Roses and Lilys. It's short and sweet with a pinch of spunk. I am considering adding Iris to my own list and have always wanted to meet a little girl with this name.

Evelyn is another revived classic that I anticipate becoming more popular. The nicknames Eve and Evie (or maybe even Lynn) make it even more appealing.

Clara is yet another classic due for a revival. It's spunkier than Claire but still retains the same amount of charm.

Alice is an enchanting classic as well. Its literary and celebrity connections make it seem both vintage and modern.

And you can never go wrong with Catherine. The nicknames Kate and Katie are extremely versatile.

Hope this helps!

#3 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

You have a lot of nice names...

Beatrice (Tris) is the brave heroin from the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth.  If you read the book, you'll fall back in love with the name Beatrice.  I didn't really like it before but now I think it's cute for a little girl and mature for an adult.  There is always the nicknames Bea, Tris, Trixie...

#4 Sunny Mummy! :)

Sunny Mummy! :)

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my beloved family, singing, dancing, writing (I have more than 10 novels on the go but never get the mind space time to finish any of them!), art, reading, spending quality time with Loved Ones, cooking (especially baking when I get the time), being outdoors in Nature enjoying God's GLORIOUS Creation (Bush walking, gardening etc), and... BABY NAMES have ALWAYS been an obsession for me!! :D

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Are you still feeling down about your Names? Don't let others pull you down, your Names are great because they define who you are and that's very beautiful indeed! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: girls names, girls, baby names, help, old fashioned, vintage, unusual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users