4 replies to this topic

#1 allofthestars28

allofthestars28

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:49 PM

I just want to know what you think makes a good SibSet. Rhymes? Name Meaning? Sound Alone? What do you think of before making a SibSet

#2 .:alexandra:.

.:alexandra:.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:linguistics, psychology, books, conspiracy theories (within reason), equality, space/astrology, names

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:46 AM

Whatever you like, tbh. It could be a name theme or a type of spelling, anything. I'll give you some examples:

Charlee, Bailee, & Rylee (double "e" spelling)
Cooper, Reagan, & Kennedy (presidents)
Autumn, Willow, & River (nature names)
Bailey, Lux, & Clarke (unisex names)

make sense? :)

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:21 PM

Im not a huge fan of themed sib sets. To me a the best sib sets are those where the names have a similar style yet different enough to not cause confusion. Varying length, syllables and sounds makes each name unique and interesting with a similar style to time them all together

#4 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:28 PM

I agree with Katie in that you don't really need a theme to make a good sibset, although you can have nice themed sets its just that they can sometimes end up a bit tacky.

Although a subtle theme is not so tacky, one that can't really be guessed just by looking at the names.

Using names that you love and that aren't too different from each other style wise (for example Michael, Elizabeth, Trystynn and Emberleigha aren't a great set) is the basis for a coherent set imo.

#5 SelenaK

SelenaK

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy and historical fiction, archery, swimming and I love to cook!

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:42 AM

I agree with Katie and Laugh-Dream-Love! The best sibsets imo are the ones with a subtle theme or just of a similar style. The ones I like the most tend to be the ones where the names just kind of 'fit' together because they're all from the same style. But, I also think they should be roughly the same time period if that makes sense i.e. Elizabeth and Thomas fit because they're both classic names but Elizabeth and Arlo seem really odd. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users