• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#121 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

Wdyt of Vienna?

#122 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:47 AM

Middles for William...

William Ramond (I know a little Wil with this name)
William Theodore
Wiiliam Oscar
William Jett
William Jace
William Jack
William Finn/Finley
William Cade
William Evander
William Everett
William Atticus
William August
William Ford
William Asher
Wiliam Elijah
William Forrest
William Foster
William Emmett (might be "m" heavy)
William Collin
William Kai
William Harper

Threw some out there. Hope you like!

Thanks for the huge list of suggestions!

I really like William Jack (this is one I might actually use because Jack would be an honoring name), William Everett, William August, William Foster, and William Harper. William Jack is the front runner, but I'm conflicted because I also love Peter Jack nn PJ. 

Wdyt of Vienna?

I'm not really a fan of Vienna. I don't have anything against it, but it's one of those names that I've just never really liked. If you wanted to shorten it to a nickname, Via would be really cute.

#123 Nameologist

Nameologist

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:reading ♥ being a doctor ♥ baby names ♥ hanging with my friends ♥ seeing family ♥ vacation ♥ life

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

What do you think of John Parrish Graham?

#124 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

What do you think of John Parrish Graham?

Super handsome! It has a great flow and a nice mix of classic and trendy. I really like it.

#125 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

What do you think of Darcy?

I've liked it on a boy ever since I read a book with a male character named D'Arcy (his family was from France, and his name meant 'from Arcy,' but like most I prefer it without the apostrophe. My problems are these:

1) I have a bad connotation to match my good one, as I've met an annoying boy named Darcy

2) It's just as common for girls, if not more, and I usually avoid unisex names.

#126 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:29 PM

What do you think of Darcy?

I've liked it on a boy ever since I read a book with a male character named D'Arcy (his family was from France, and his name meant 'from Arcy,' but like most I prefer it without the apostrophe. My problems are these:

1) I have a bad connotation to match my good one, as I've met an annoying boy named Darcy

2) It's just as common for girls, if not more, and I usually avoid unisex names.

I absolutely love Darcy for a boy, it seems so dashing and strong. I also [more than Darcy] love Darby. 

1) That's tough! I don't think anyone else would have that connotation, so you just have to decide if it is strong enough to you that you throw it out, or if you could keep it. I think if you did decide to use it, your child would automatically become your new association with the name, so that annoying one doesn't come to your head much anymore. But then again, I could be wrong because I've never had a kid, lol. 

2) It is definitely unisex, but I think it could fit well with other boy names like Gray, Robin, Eben, and Gale. I really like Eben & Darcy as a sibset!

• Jenna_Lee likes this

#127 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:13 PM

Hi,

WDYT of the sib set: Hudson (B) & Larsyn (g)

They wouldn't be the only two names in the sib set (because my first daughter would have a different name), but are they too similar? I purposely spelled Larsyn the way I did to change the pronunciation (although ever so slightly) and to help it look girly being unisex. Thanks!

#128 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:20 AM

I'm not a huge fan of either name tbh, and I think the endings make them too similar for a sibset, but that's just my opinion. Holden and Larson would be better, or Hudson and Linden maybe?

---

What are your opinions on the nickname Frankie for a little boy? I've been crushing on it recently, but don't really like any of the full name options for it, and I wouldn't want it as a standalone name.

• Barbie likes this

#129 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:23 PM

Hi,

WDYT of the sib set: Hudson ( B) & Larsyn (g)

They wouldn't be the only two names in the sib set (because my first daughter would have a different name), but are they too similar? I purposely spelled Larsyn the way I did to change the pronunciation (although ever so slightly) and to help it look girly being unisex. Thanks!

I agree with Hannah, Hudson and Larsyn sound a little too similar to be siblings. It wouldn't be bad if they both ended in -en/on, but because they end in -son/syn they sound too similar. 

What are your opinions on the nickname Frankie for a little boy? I've been crushing on it recently, but don't really like any of the full name options for it, and I wouldn't want it as a standalone name.

I think Frankie is really cute on a boy! I have positive associations with a female friend named Frankie (short for Franchesca) as well as a male Frankie from Rizzoli & Isles (nickname for Frank). I agree though, none of the full name options are particularly stellar  :( I'm not a fan of nicknames as standalones either, but it seems you have to pick one or another if you want to use it. I suppose you could use a long-for-Frankie name as a middle and call him Frankie, or pick a name with a looser association (maybe Frederick?). Unfortunately, the options are slim here.

Here's my question:

What do you think of William Lee "Will" and John Carter "Jace" as siblings?

Lee is not set in stone as a middle, I had Jack there, but as it's a variation of John it got the boot. Either way, there will be an honoring name in that spot (Lee honors, as does John--there are several Johns in my family, used as firsts and middles, which is why I revamped it a little bit with the nickname Jace [short for initials J.C.]).

I'm not 100% happy with John Carter either, but it's the best option I've found so far with the initals J.C. (I don't like Jace as a standalone, or short for Jason.) But I love the idea of two little boys named Will & Jace  :wub: 

• Barbie likes this

#130 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:07 AM

Hi,

WDYT of the sib set: Hudson ( B) & Larsyn (g)

I have to agree with the others that Hudson and Larsyn are too close for siblings, sorry!

• Barbie likes this

#131 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:15 AM

I read Will & Jace but my mind said Will & Grace.
I like Jace but using it as a nickname from the initials ties it completely in my mind to Jace Wayland (I think I read that you had read that series?)

I find William Lee to be a classic sounding name so you can't truly go wrong there. John Carter sounds classic as well so they make a good sibset.

My question: What do you think of the names Simon Grant and Josephine Blair?

#132 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts
  • Interests:My son, baby naming, singing, dancing, helping others

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

My favorite actors are Grace Phipps & Garrett Clayton

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:36 PM

I love Josephine Blair, gorgeous combo. It has that classic, yet modern feel. I love Grant, but strongly dislike Simon, so it's 50/50 for me. Overall, the flow is good.

Rowan Leyla Grace or Leyla Rowan Grace? Ι love вoтн Rowan and Leyla (Ι preғer тнιѕ ѕpellιng ғor нonorιng pυrpoѕeѕ) вυт ι'м тorn. ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ OᑎE & ᗯᕼY?

#133 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

I read Will & Jace but my mind said Will & Grace.
I like Jace but using it as a nickname from the initials ties it completely in my mind to Jace Wayland (I think I read that you had read that series?)

I find William Lee to be a classic sounding name so you can't truly go wrong there. John Carter sounds classic as well so they make a good sibset.

My question: What do you think of the names Simon Grant and Josephine Blair?

I'm glad you like the classic feel. And I am currently reading that series, and I know I'm kinda stealing it but I don't like Jace as a standalone name or a nickname for other things.

Simon is really handsome, it goes well with Grant but I feel like the combo is missing a little umph. Maybe pair Simon with a different middle?

Josephine Blair is lovely, classic but also a little trendy. I really like it!

I love Josephine Blair, gorgeous combo. It has that classic, yet modern feel. I love Grant, but strongly dislike Simon, so it's 50/50 for me. Overall, the flow is good.

Rowan Leyla Grace or Leyla Rowan Grace? Ι love вoтн Rowan and Leyla (Ι preғer тнιѕ ѕpellιng ғor нonorιng pυrpoѕeѕ) вυт ι'м тorn. ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ OᑎE & ᗯᕼY?

I prefer Rowan Leyla Grace. I like Rowan better than Leyla as a first, and I feel like Leyla Rowan Grace is a little more awkward to say, whereas Rowan Leyla Grace flows a bit better.

#134 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:04 PM

VelvetRainx:

I much prefer Leyla Rowan Grace, especially if Leyla is honouring. Gorgeous combo. Plus the flow of Rowan Grace is just so so smooth.

The Name: Cameron

This one honors Cameron Liddell of my favourite band; Asking Alexandria. The only drawback is my Dad's sister was married to a Kameron, but they've recently divorced which has drawn a kind of stigma over the name in my family. I'm willing to look past it but I don't know if others, specifically my Aunt and Father can. Thoughts on the familial situation?

#135 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:41 AM

The Name: Cameron

This one honors Cameron Liddell of my favourite band; Asking Alexandria. The only drawback is my Dad's sister was married to a Kameron, but they've recently divorced which has drawn a kind of stigma over the name in my family. I'm willing to look past it but I don't know if others, specifically my Aunt and Father can. Thoughts on the familial situation?

Cameron is handsome! I do think that the family connotations probably spoil it a bit. I think if you use it, it should be only in the middle.

#136 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:43 AM

Which is best: Antonia, Antonella, Antonina?

#137 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

i think antonia is beautiful but the others are kinda trying too hard. at first glace, i'd pronounce them all like antonia, esp the last one, i didn't even realize it was a different name.

#138 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

i think antonia is beautiful but the others are kinda trying too hard. at first glace, i'd pronounce them all like antonia, esp the last one, i didn't even realize it was a different name.

Ok, thanks! I love the way Antonia looks, but I kind of prefer how Antonina sounds

#139 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:36 AM

I think Antonella is my favourite actually, closely followed by Antonia, and then Antonina third.

~~~

Thoughts on Margo?

#140 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:43 AM

For Addison: I prefer Antonia. The others are too difficult to pronounce upon first reading.

For Hannah: Margo is an older-style name, but goes well with your other names for girls  ;) I actually like it better than Margaret, and I can definitely picture it on a little girl.

My question: Thoughts on Edelweiss

1. Is it usable as a first name?

2. Does the nn Lissy work?

3. General thoughts about the name?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users