5 replies to this topic

#1 lovemyfella

lovemyfella

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

If I have a girl I was going to name her Emma Jo Renae

I like the name Emma but feel it's too popular for her to just be another "Emma"

My moms middle name is Jo and I want to have Jo somewhere in the name to honor my mom. So I thought it would be cute and would be easier to tell my "Emma" apart from the others if her first name was Emma Jo. I can see it being a cute little girl name but little girls grow up - is this a good name for an adult woman? I'm from Michigan if that helps, I know bigger places think this is redneck kinda with the Jo on the end. But where I live isn't a high end ritzy city.

I'm having a super horrible time finding other names that I like just as well or better than Emma Jo Renae. Thoughts? I have a fear that my child won't like their name and is going to change it when they are old enough to, but I also know that you can't find out really if that would happen or not before hand.

#2 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

I think Emma Jo is cute. What about Emma Josephine for her full name?

#3 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

I love Emma Jo! :wub:

Emma Jo Danielle
Emma Jo Elise
Emma Jo Marie

I can't think of much right now. My brain is mush. If I think of anything else, I'll come back though!

#4 lovemyfella

lovemyfella

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

Bunko0 - I want my family to be happy with the names we choose too and my dad doesn't like Josephine :( I think it's really pretty but he made a funny face when I brought it up in our name search. I know it's not his kid, but it's his grandkid and I want him to have "some", not a lot, of input.

#5 Laura2013

Laura2013

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

No but I'd rather read something after the Jo. Here's a selection
  • Emma Johanna
  • Emma Joanne
  • Emma Joanna
  • Emma Joslene
  • Emma Josephine/Josephina
HTH'S

Laura

#6 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

Bunko0 - I want my family to be happy with the names we choose too and my dad doesn't like Josephine :( I think it's really pretty but he made a funny face when I brought it up in our name search. I know it's not his kid, but it's his grandkid and I want him to have "some", not a lot, of input.

While I think it's awesome that you're taking them into your suggestions, just know that I know from experience how awful this can be. With all three of my children, my family felt because I asked their opinions, that they had a say in what MY children are named. When it all comes down to it, these are you children not theirs and it's ultimately YOUR choice, regardless of how they feel. If you really love a name, use it because once they get over the fact that they "don't like it" or it "wasn't what they would have chosen", that will always be their grandchild and they will love him/her regardless.
  • lovemyfella likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users