#1 Primrose

Primrose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Acting<br />Singing <br />Dancing<br />Reading

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

What are your sibling's names? Do they like them? Do you think they go together?

Prim

#2 Primrose

Primrose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:11 PM

My family is:

DS/DD: Balthazar "Balt" James/ Geneviva "Viva" Louise
DD: Primrose "Prim" Amelia (ME!!!)
DD: Esmeralda "Esme" Lily

My brother hates Balthazar but his likes Balt and James. Geneviva likes her first name and the nickname Viva but she hates Louise.
I really love my name. It's great because I can use Rose if I want to be familiar but formal like with teachers and Rosie or Prim with my family and friends.
Esme doesn't like Esmeralda but she loves Esme because she is obsessed with Twilight.

I think they go together in an odd way but my name does stick out a little bit because of its normalcy compared to the others. :D

Prim

#3 LC's_mommy_Kayra

LC's_mommy_Kayra

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

Haha alright, my family is kinda messed up so yeah...

On my mom's side:

Harper Marie
Hailyyne Josephine
Hannah Celene

They all start with Ha so sometimes I feel like the odd-ball, hahaa! I like their middle names actually, Marie is kinda common but oh well!

On my dad's side:

Emma Kadence
Christopher Brayden

I think they go well together, both of their first names are kinda common but yeah, not sure how to explain it, lol. But both of their middle names are sort of trendy.

#4 Primrose

Primrose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:34 PM

I love Josephine! It's so pretty.

I really think that finding out what names people put together is really interesting!

#5 kristenmc

kristenmc

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

alright.
so, my names kristen michelle
and my brother is brandon michael.

i dont really know if my brother likes his name?
but i like my first name, but hate my middle name because it is waaaay to common as a middle name.

#6 LC's_mommy_Kayra

LC's_mommy_Kayra

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

I love Josephine! It's so pretty.

I really think that finding out what names people put together is really interesting!

I love her middle name as well, but personally her name is VERY long.

#7 Primrose

Primrose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

I really like long names! Is it prn. like Hay-lynn or Hay-leen?

#8 LC's_mommy_Kayra

LC's_mommy_Kayra

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hay-lyn.

Also, I dislike how I'm the only one with a double middle name even though it's a tradition, but then again, two out of the three are my step-sisters.

#9 Primrose

Primrose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

I really like Hailyyne it's different but still familiar.

I wonder why they didn't stick with the tradition?

#10 LC's_mommy_Kayra

LC's_mommy_Kayra

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

Well my mom obviously couldn't change my step-sibs names, lol. But Jeff talked her out of using a second middle name -rolls eyes-. The tradition was on my mom's side of the family so my dad didn't feel the need to use that with his children I guess.

#11 Primrose

Primrose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

Hahaha sorry I had a blonde moment! I didn't make the connection between step-children = not blood relatives.

#12 Riley-Kate

Riley-Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Interests:Acting<br />Dancing<br />Singing<br />

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

I kind of feel like I'm snooping in on a conversation here... oh well :D

So ...

DD: Riley-Kate Alyssa
DD/DD: Robyn-Graice Amylea / Rory-Jaime Alyana

I love my name; except the spelling. I'd rather be Ryleigh. I would also prefer Riley Kate Alyssa, or just Riley Kate / Riley Alyssa, but I'm good with Riley-Kate.

LONG story behind my sister's names:
Robyn-Graice Amylea I helped choose so I def love it; I was eight when they were born, and my mom asked my opinion on names (probably just trying to be inclusive) and I suggested Robin because that was my favorite bird. Then my mom picked Rory from her favorite tv show. Then my aunt Bridgette suggested giving them double names since I had one. To make Rory and Robyn more similar, they decided to spell robin with a Y. Then they wanted the second name to have only one syllable, so my mom thought up Grace. So Robyn became Robyn-Grace. My mom liked Rory-Jane, but my dad hates classic names, so she thought Rory-Jamie, except that rhymed! So... it became Rory-Jaime (Jaym)! Then they let my grandma, who died just after the twins were born (RIP Grandma Louise!). She picked Amelia and Alana, and my parents altered them a bit so that they would look good with my name and with each other.

The journeys of the Cameron girl's names:

Rayley Alisabeth - Riley Alisabeth - Riley Katherine - Riley-Kate Alisabeth - Riley-Kate Alyssa

Robin - Robyn - Robyn-Grace - Robyn-Graice - Robyn-Graice Amelia - Robyn-Graice Amylea

Rory - Rory Jane - Rory-Jaine - Rory-Jaime - Rory-Jaime Alana - Rory-Jaime Alyana

And yes, I think they all go together. A bit tackily, but they still go well.

Riley, Robyn, and Rory.

Riley-Kate, Robyn-Graice, and Rory-Jaime

Riley-Kate Alyssa, Robyn-Graice Amylea, and Rory-Jaime Alyana.

so yeah! That's everything! I know my sister's names have a long story, but when I was younger I asked my mom so many times to tell me about my name and Robyn and Rory's names that I remember everything :P

<3 RileyKate <3

#13 Primrose

Primrose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:34 AM

That's really cool, Riley-Kate!

#14 Riley-Kate

Riley-Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

That's really cool, Riley-Kate!

lol. thanks.

You can just call me Riley :D

BTW Kayra I love Hailynne.

#15 Primrose

Primrose

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

Oh haha. I'm never sure whether to call people by their full username or not. :D

#16 Riley-Kate

Riley-Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

Oh haha. I'm never sure whether to call people by their full username or not. :D

It's ok :P

On the register at school it just has my name as Riley Cameron, without the Kate.

A few weeks ago, a supply teacher was reading the attendance and when she said my name, I said 'Here' and she looked at me and said, "Now, don't be silly. I want you all to behave and there will be no switching names." And I was like "My name is really Riley; It's on my birth certificate." and she sent me to the office for 'being cheeky'. I told the DSO lady, Gale, what happened and she laughed and sent me back to class.
I had to stay after class and explain to the teacher that Riley was a girl's name too B)

But you can call me Riley Kate if you want :P I just prefer Riley. My dad calls me Rie-Pie ;)

#17 Sami Marie

Sami Marie

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Names
    Movies
    Music
    Family

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

My brother is Noah Andrew
Im Samantha Marie

Our names are very common if you ask me. My middle name is after basically every woman in my family. Noah is biblical and my name means god's listener in Aramaic which is the language Jesus spoke in the Bible. So both of our names have a connection to the bible. I guess they go well together. I would have prefer something a little shorter but I've shortened it on my own to Sam or Sami.

My dad and my uncle are:
Kirk Douglas
Patrick Allen

My grandpas name is Douglas Allen (so they are both named after their dad). They sound well together. I think they like their names.

#18 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:56 AM

My name is Delilah Elizabeth
My brother's name is Fernando Luis Jr.

My mom wanted to name me Melody, but then she was watching a show on tv and one of the characters' name was Delilah, and she fell in love with it. My dad always says that he came up with the name, because he saw it on a bathroom wall (no joke!). So they always fight over who named me. Elizabeth is my mother's name.

As for my brother, my mom always wanted to name her son Nicholas. But my father wanted a Jr., and since they only wanted two kids, a boy and a girl, my mother eventually agreed. So my brother became Fernando Luis Jr. As a compromise, my mother calls him Nico. The rest of the family have called him Fernie or Tutus (tootoos) his whole life. Tutus came from when he was a baby. He always walked around in my mothers shoes and called them tutus lol. And the name stuck.

I don't really think our names go together, except that mine ends in the A sound and his ends in an O sound. I think it's cool when brothers and sisters end like that. But Delilah and Nicholas wouldn't have went together either. And definitely not Melody and Nicholas. So I guess it's not too bad.

#19 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:35 AM

Tiffany Rose (me)
Christopher Alexander

Both popular 80's names...

#20 Natalee

Natalee

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:Netball, Crafty stuff, babysitting and hanging out with my friends

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:57 AM

Natalee Jennifer (Me)
Brock Peter

My first name kinda came from nowhere, parents were expecting a boy and had Brandon Peter picked out which i really dislike, so luckly i wasnt a boy. The 'lee' instead of 'Lie" is a family tradition mum is Leesa instead of lisa and wanted to continue it on.Jennifer is my Grandmas name. My mum always calls me Jen and everyone else calls me Nat.

My brother isnt named after the famous Peter Brock as most people think. Mum seen Brock in some credit of a show she was watching and fell in love with it and Peter is my dads name.

I think our names flow together well as they arent too popular but arent too out there either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users