• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nicole:)

Nicole:)

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

Hi! I joined this site a while ago & everything was going fine. I even replied to topics in the community lounge but now these last 3 days it won't let me visit the community lounge anymore...it says it's a protected forum and won't let me view anything. Anyone know why it's doing this? I've been able to post in there before so I don't get why all of a sudden I can't?

& also sorry this is in the wrong category. I tried posting in the community help but it wouldn't let me create a new post. Any help would be great!

#2 Nicole:)

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

It also says I can only make 5 posts a day? Which I think just happened recently because I don't ever remember seeing that notice before but I could be wrong.

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

It's to do with the new changes that have happened recently. When you move to a new group (under your picture) then you'll get a PM about all the stuff you can do on the forums. I'd guess that a lot of the restrictions on new members have to do with trying to lower the amount of trolls posting spam to the forums. I don't know a lot about it, but that's what I'd guess it is.
  • JennyB likes this

#4 JennyB

JennyB

Superstar Baby Namer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

Yes, Hannah, that is correct. Sorry for the changes that made it confusing right after you joined! There are some limitations in place now for brand new members (less than 10 posts.) New members are able to make up to five posts/day and they must be approved before being displayed. While most new members have wonderful, helpful advice and questions, there are some who troll sites and intentionally try to stir up strife in the community. We believe that this change, though inconvenient for some, will help us eliminate the trolls.  Once a new member moves up to the next member level, those restrictions will be removed.

As you move up through the member ranks, you will have more and more privileges within the community. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions and thanks for your understanding!

#5 A.Camille

A.Camille

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Fashion, literature, sports, cosmetology, + daydreaming!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

Jenny, can you explain something for me?

I've been a member for over three years (Nov. 2010). I don't post often but I have posted 44 times over the three years but it's saying that I'm still a brand new member with limited privileges. Why is this?

#6 A.Camille

A.Camille

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Fashion, literature, sports, cosmetology, + daydreaming!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Don't know if you did anything, Jenny but it's now been fixed. Thanks! 

(Sorry, if my previous post sounded accusatory! It wasn't meant to be!) 

#7 Nicole:)

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

Thank you guys so much!  :) That clears things up a lot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users