• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sam8123

sam8123

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:23 PM

:) My husband and I can't agree between Joshua and Stephen. He wants to call the baby Stephen and I want to call the baby Joshua. I suggested Joshua Stephen but he doesn't want to call him by his middle name. And Stephen Joshua just doesn't sound right to me. Can someone please help before I pull my hair out. It's very frustrating. I'll take other name suggestions as well. We are going to wait and be surprised on what we're having so girl name suggestions will be appreciated just as much. The last name is Landry if that helps. Thanks for your help. :(

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

I actually think that Stephen Joshua Landry goes better together than Joshua Stephen Landry...though I have to say that I prefer Joshua Landry to Stephen Landry. But then I like Stephen more than I like Joshua because I really dislike the nn Josh.

Do you have any girl names that you are considering?

Is there any way you can comprimise and name the baby (if it is a boy) one of the names and agree to name a second boy the other?

Some girl names (based on boy names you like)...
Krista
Hannah
Emily
Lauren
Abigail nn Abie
Stephanie
Candace
Cassandra nn Cassie
Sara
Susana
Claire/Clara
Corinne
Rebecca

Other boys names to consider....Jeremy, Jesse, Jared, Adam, Seth, Samuel, Joel, Andrew

#3 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hi!
Don't worry. I'm sure you'll come to an agreement.
I personally love Joshua much more, but it's not my decision.
Maybe you could name him Stephen but you get to pick if its a girl.
Just a suggestion. (Stephen Joshua isn't bad but if you are thinking of having another child, you might want to keep the name Joshua open)
Girs suggestions:
Jenna
Jennifer
Julia
Jana (Jane-uh)
Julianna
Juliana

Sara
Salina
Selena
Serena
Sebrina
Sabrina
Shea
Shealie
Shaylene
Shana

GL!

#4 KristaDeanne

KristaDeanne

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:19 AM

I think that Stephen Joshua Landry and Joshua Stephen Landry both sound nice, though I do prefer Joshua Stephen. But I completely agree with MaggieC in that if you plan on having any more children you might consider leaving one of the two names open for the next go round. GL!

#5 Jessie

Jessie

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:48 AM

I actually think that Stephen Joshua Landry goes better together than Joshua Stephen Landry...though I have to say that I prefer Joshua Landry to Stephen Landry. But then I like Stephen more than I like Joshua because I really dislike the nn Josh.

I totally disagree! (Sorry KatieB)

I think Joshua Stephen Landry/ Joshua Landry definitely sounds/looks best. Joshua is a FANTASTIC name! My brother is Stephen, and although it's a great name, I've never been a huge fan.

How about the compromise of Joshua if it's a boy and Stephanie if it's a girl?? Just a crazy thought.

Here are a few girl names...

Lauren
Natalie
Jessica
Nicole
Mariah
Peyton
Alyssa
Gabrielle
Kristen
Samantha
Molly

#6 soccerisluv(:

soccerisluv(:

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

How about the compromise of Joshua if it's a boy and Stephanie if it's a girl?? Just a crazy thought.

I LOVE that idea!

#7 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:43 AM

I prefer Joshua to Stephen which feels very dated to me. Personally I would put both names aside and work on finding something you both love. I know if it were me I wouldn't want to just settle on something I wasn't in love with. If your DH isn't feeling Joshua & Stephen isn't doing anything for you, look around some more. Maybe if you both do a little looking around (separately) and compile your own lists, compare and work from there. Good luck!

#8 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

I prefer the name Joshua but it is also a very popular name
I think that Joshua Stephen Landry is adorable!
Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users